Made In India??

ILikeSix

Boost is Good
Why would a well respected vendor here that I have bought lots custom parts off of send out motor/trans mounts that are made in India?:mad: The rubber in these things isnt even rubber, it's some sort of overly stiff petroleum waste product that breaks down way too quickly. I've tried parts store India mounts in another car, never again:mad: If the website said 'made in India, $50' and 'GM spec $100'. I'd go GM for double the money.

Looks like I'm off to the dealer to source out motor/trans mounts. I'll contact the vendor for a return, if they won't take them back I'll get really grumpy...

Alan

EDIT: Crappy low light pic, the sticker on the mount I am holding says Made in India

Attachments

• made in India.jpg
    made in India.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 647
For the record TR Custom Parts only sells genuine HR PartsnStuff motor and trans mounts and use them as well.:D

not all parts store motor mounts are made in India- some are made in Pakistan.
it's up to you to choose if you'd rather have Hindu or Muslim motor mounts on your car..

being from India, i was abit shocked myself when i bought some that were stamped made in India. anyway fill them with a bit of widow poly and ur good to go..lol

You simply cannot go wrong with the HR mounts. The best of the best. It is a shame to cover them up with the engine and the trimmings in the car! As far as the outsourced mounts, no big surprise. I spent most of the last 20 years in the parts business, and have watched as brands have migrated to foreign sourcing as a way to stay competive. Make no mistake about it. We might, as a group, be willing to buy top shelf parts for our TR's, but Joe Public here in the U.S. will NOT spend the $ for domestic parts over foreign stuff. The average parts buyer would buy his parts from the Devil himself if he could save a nickel. They will NOT spend the extra money, but they WILL bitch about the poor quality parts as well as the poor quality counter staff that they don't want to pay for, either. I can't imagine a TR vendor being able to source mounts domestically for the limited volume involved, other than the really nice pieces from HR. We are fortunate to have such a choice. Thanks, Rudy.

You simply cannot go wrong with the HR mounts. The best of the best. It is a shame to cover them up with the engine and the trimmings in the car! As far as the outsourced mounts, no big surprise. I spent most of the last 20 years in the parts business, and have watched as brands have migrated to foreign sourcing as a way to stay competive. Make no mistake about it. We might, as a group, be willing to buy top shelf parts for our TR's, but Joe Public here in the U.S. will NOT spend the $ for domestic parts over foreign stuff. The average parts buyer would buy his parts from the Devil himself if he could save a nickel. They will NOT spend the extra money, but they WILL bitch about the poor quality parts as well as the poor quality counter staff that they don't want to pay for, either. I can't imagine a TR vendor being able to source mounts domestically for the limited volume involved, other than the really nice pieces from HR. We are fortunate to have such a choice. Thanks, Rudy.

Nuf said:p

Kevin

Guess you have not done much wrenching lately, the Buick v-6 aftermarket engine mounts have been made in India for at least 10 years! :)

go to a random parts store and order a stock replacement motor mount for any random car.. it doesn't matter what car or what engine.. the mount will say either "made in India" or "made in Pakistan". it's been like this for about 15 years now.

Guess you have not done much wrenching lately, the Buick v-6 aftermarket engine mounts have been made in India for at least 10 years! :)

BZZZZT! Wrong, I have done plenty of wrenching lately, I have more cars than fingers and thumbs on two normally equiped hands:tongue: That's not the point here. Yes, I understand if I go to Poop Boys or AutoStoned the counter guy is gonna come back with Made In India garbage:mad: My point to the thread is THIS IS ONE OF OUR VENDORS HERE, not one of the chain stores. If Joe Blow that wants to replace his first motor mount with the Craftsman in a box set of tools that wifey got him for Christmas, great. That crap is fine for him. Most of the mounts I've used in the last 10 years come from PolyBushings.com and though they are FAR superior compared to stock, they don't make TR mounts.

Alan

Alan, I think what Nick may have been indicating is that, other than top shelf poly pieces like you mentioned or HR products, there probably isn't a source for your vendor to get a traditional rubber mount that isn't from India or Pakistan anymore. I have seen more or less the same thing across vendors and products taking place over the last couple of decades. Everything is reboxed from the same far east vendors over and over again. Whether the generic "white box special" to the store brands, on up to oem brands, too. Different boxes, different prices, for sure, but the same exact crap in the boxes! Hell, I replaced the front turn signals on my old 02 Vette, and the new ones have "made in China" on them--in GM boxes, no less! Thanks, Rudy.

Not only is the labor drastically cheaper over there but half the time our own government is trying to run manufacturing out of this country with regulations, taxes, etc. Other governments welcome the work.

You would be surprised as to the number of different countries parts come from.....

Even GM spreads the wealth around...take the new Camaros for example all the SS and RS emblems that adorn those cars come from South Korea....

Some of the Turbo parts are made in China...

If we say a part is GM it is GM.....I think I can speak for most vendors it would be next to impossible to offer parts for our cars that were strictly made in the USA by GM ....heck last year more Regals sold in China than the US.

Its a fact of life....

Personally, as a Vietnam veteran I find it hard to believe that a good number of sneakers made today are made in Vietnam....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

As for the motor mounts unless the vendor claimed it was a GM product its not the fault of the vendor.

BZZZZT! Wrong, I have done plenty of wrenching lately, I have more cars than fingers and thumbs on two normally equiped hands:tongue: That's not the point here.......Alan

Sorry, I should have said maybe not wrenching on TR's for a few years. :frown:

On a stock GN, the made in India piece has show to work as good as the GM part at 1/10th the price. I am not a fan of off-shore parts, but that is the real world now, and vendors sell what is available.

I will not use an India mount on a modified or race GN as I have used HR mounts since Paul first made them available.

As someone that used AC Delco replacement parts religiously on GN's, it pisses me off to see lots of their stuff from China and Mexico not nearly as good or reliable as the original part.

OH, in my tool boxes I do have some Craftsman tools that are used almost every day on GN's! :biggrin: