M1 or m5 methanol

m5 has upper lube so if you are running a razor alky system that lube is not good for the pump internals

use M1

M5 has other additives to make it supposedly perform better than M1 however thats on pure M5 not spraying in a small amount. Either use M1 or Sonoco Alky...

I've had some guys use M5, they said it made a world of difference in power. I don't know exactly how much but I'm going to test it back to back with M1 as soon as my car is back together. I know you're not supposed to mix M5 with water based on the lubricants. These guys were using the Snow pumps though I'm sure the same people make most of popular brands. It was only done on a couple of tanks full so probably not enough to notice any wear in the pumps or anything else.

I've had some guys use M5, they said it made a world of difference in power. I don't know exactly how much but I'm going to test it back to back with M1 as soon as my car is back together. I know you're not supposed to mix M5 with water based on the lubricants. These guys were using the Snow pumps though I'm sure the same people make most of popular brands. It was only done on a couple of tanks full so probably not enough to notice any wear in the pumps or anything else.
All pumps used with current available systems in the aftermarket use Santoprene as the rubber in the diaphragm. Santoprene has a poor rating with petroleum.. especially fuel.
The M3 and M5 are for methanol fueled race cars using a fuel pump. Per the VP site, "M5 is not pure methanol and won't pass a water test".. thats because of the petroleum additive.
Guys with Snow pumps shouldn't be using it. They should contact Snow for clarification, but 50/50 means the alcohol has to mix with water. Something M3 and M5 won't.

It is what it is. The guys know the risks. I was just trying to make the point that M5 makes more power. If it takes another pump to sustain being able to pump M5 so be it. Pumps are cheap these days.

It is what it is. The guys know the risks. I was just trying to make the point that M5 makes more power. If it takes another pump to sustain being able to pump M5 so be it. Pumps are cheap these days.
You haven't made the point that it makes more power. You commented that others have said it makes more power but have posted no evidence of this.

BPE2013@hotmail.com

Bison, I guess you missed the part about the guys saying it made a world of difference in power. I'm going to follow it up with actual data that can be measured.

Bison, I guess you missed the part about the guys saying it made a world of difference in power. I'm going to follow it up with actual data that can be measured.
Anyone could say that. To me a world of difference would be like 30-40% more power. Like when adding a 125hp shot of nitrous to an engine or performing a heads, cam exhaust change to a car. Those things when dialed in will tuly make a world of difference. An A-B-A test proving it like when i proved the 50/50 water/meth lost 4% power with no other changes on the dyno. I couldn't "feel" the 4% in the butt dyno but it sure was there. Boost, timing, and targets remained almost identical while testing. I was only looking for differences by diluting the alky with no other changes. Believe me I want to believe it makes a world of difference but based on what I have done and documented with different fuels Id need to see proof of it before I believed what someone else said. To get a world of difference while keeping everything else constant would require getting more oxygen into the cylinder via the fuel. The instant I see proof I'll be doing it myself and just look into another material to have the pump parts made out of so they are compatible with the m5.

BPE2013@hotmail.com

Ok whatever dude. Do you just troll around high jacking people's threads looking for places to insert jacka** comments? I don't care what a world of difference is to you, I was trying to be beneficial to the OP. If it wasn't beneficial now, it will be when I get the car back together and put it on the dyno.

Ok whatever dude. Do you just troll around high jacking people's threads looking for places to insert jacka** comments? I don't care what a world of difference is to you, I was trying to be beneficial to the OP. If it wasn't beneficial now, it will be when I get the car back together and put it on the dyno.
In case you didn't notice you posted in the tech forum. Not the whine forum. I'm here to make sure that the information posted is accurate. So with that said your last post indicates who the "jack ass" is. So keep your jack ass comments out of the tech forum or they will be deleted and you will be also. If you don't like it then go find some other forum and post it there. If you want to be beneficial to the community then do a controlled test and post the result. Have a nice day

BPE2013@hotmail.com

Publicly calling a Staff Member a name is an automatic time out.
This is a real shame because this had potential to be an excellent exchange.

Waxing a car makes it faster as it cuts through the wind with less resistance. As does removing antenna and wipers.

To me.. not having to worry my pump is going to take a dump cause I used a chemical I was warned could cause issue... is enough. Guys have been mixing nitro, acetone, hydrogen peroxide, masengil, Evian water, etc etc etc. I can't tell you how many tell me you can make more power using 50/50 than straight alcohol... since water is infinite octane, cleans, etc etc etc. In the end.. whatever floats your boat...

If I need more power.. thats really easy on a turbo car. More boost.. more timing.. better airflow management.. the little stuff like fuel is at the very end of the spectrum. The regular ol methanol can get the job done with plenty to spare.

Everyone always wants something you can simply pour in and obtain dramatic results... from the days of the Slick50 to octane boosters..

Good luck with the M3/M5. Don't claim warranty when your pumps tales a dump

Razor, can you let me know if this is OK for your setup? I never knew there was a difference. It just says methanol on the tag but then there is some other numbers.

Attachments

• 1419880689609.jpg
    1419880689609.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 244
Last edited: