LT-1 valve springs

monkeyy337

My little TR7 with a carburated 231 even fire V6 Buick engine is laying over (engine) at 4900 RPM. I'm sure its the valve springs being weak (the heads are stock 1984 Buick Regal) and the stock springs have alot of passes on them. I'm told that the Chevy LT-1 engine valve springs are a direct replacement, can anyone confirm this? Thanks.

My little TR7 with a carburated 231 even fire V6 Buick engine is laying over (engine) at 4900 RPM. I'm sure its the valve springs being weak (the heads are stock 1984 Buick Regal) and the stock springs have alot of passes on them. I'm told that the Chevy LT-1 engine valve springs are a direct replacement, can anyone confirm this? Thanks.

They are. Id install them at 85lbs on the seat. You will have to use a spring tester to find out what height they need to go in at. I doubt the engine will pull much past 4600 even with springs. They were not designed to rev. Id consider a 75 hp shot of N2O and throw the springs in. You will almost double the output of the engine. About 32* total advance and 100 octane with the N2O.

Do you just use the LT1 springs only and the Buick retainers, locks, etc? Reason being, I tried to use the LT1 retainers and it caused coil bind. I guess the LT1 retainers are thicker and the LT1 springs seem to have one more coil then the Buick springs.

Got all the valve springs changed using the LT1 springs and the Buick locks, retainers, etc. I can't tell if any of the old springs were weak but the motor seems to rev quicker now. Guess I will find out Saturday night at Beech Bend if the springs stop the motor from nosing over at 5000 rpm.