ls1 maf and translator

kandc7

what to expect from going from stock maf to ls1 maf and translator? meaning what gains will i see. faster spooling? more hp/ tq? and how much? i know it is more accurate airflow. thnks for all that apply.

99.9% of the time, moving from the stock MAF to the larger LS1 sensor will yield better throttle response overall. Whether or not you gain any HP/TQ, or spoolup will depend entirely on you ability to tune to the new larger better flowing part.

ok thanks TURBODAVE for responding. good to know. I have my buddy richiehighpsi that does all my work so i think i will be good.

I've often wondered this myself if there is any hp gains from going this route. My stock remand maf works good but I have noticed it doen not max out at the 255 on the Scanmaster.........would I be leaving hp on the table cause of this??
After all the translater does say horsepower in a box

I wonder if you are getting your moneys worth spend 350 or so for maf and translator? is it going to make a differance at least in seat of your pants feeling. if it is tuned right do you get more than you would with a stock one? and i know tune is everything.

With everything you already have on your car it should run pretty well as is. I wouldn't spend the dough unless I needed the part.

I've often wondered this myself if there is any hp gains from going this route. My stock remand maf works good but I have noticed it doen not max out at the 255 on the Scanmaster.........would I be leaving hp on the table cause of this??
After all the translater does say horsepower in a box

Not sure of HP and TQ. Here's a test I did. I ran the LT1...the LS1...and Z06. As each gets progressively bigger...the 02's dropped.

Yes it runs good now. I just want to get a better and more accurate airflow. I just didn't want my stock maf holding me back. And I didn't know if is. Or would be holding me back.

Yes it runs good now. I just want to get a better and more accurate airflow. I just didn't want my stock maf holding me back. And I didn't know if is. Or would be holding me back.
Your stock maf will hold you back when it craps out and you are on the hwy two states away from home. Ask me how I know.

Will you gain HP and TQ, yes of course, but how much?? Hard to quatify. Tuning to the new parts makes all the difference! I can tell you this, after moving from a stock maf to a LT1 and translator, and eventuallly to an LS1 and translator, I picked up 2 tenths, and a 3 mph in the quarter, once I had everything tuned in.
BTW, if your reman'd maf isn't reading 255 at WOT, you've found one of the several issues with the reman'd mafs. You're leaving power on the table.