LS1 front brakes on non G body spindles

mario65

Hot Roddicus Supersonicus
I have been thinking about LS1 brakes and I dont want to deal with the cutting or milling the G body hub. Will an S-10 hub work? In other words could I buy s-10 hubs and bolt them on and throw the ls1 brakes on after I cut the Gbody spindle ears?

thanks

you cant just put the Blazer (as I assume you mean) hub on the g-body spindle. you would need the whole Blazer steering knuckle. so the answer is no.

kore3 sells a billet hub that you can use on the g-body spindle for big brake conversions. and it's much safer than machining an old cast iron brake rotor down (mine cracked)

thanks for the info.
The billet hub is 300 so thats out of the question. I can get a s-10/blazer brake kit with spindles for less.
It looks like getting LS1 brakes are really easier on the big body or blazer spindle.

I have been thinking about LS1 brakes and I dont want to deal with the cutting or milling the G body hub. Will an S-10 hub work? In other words could I buy s-10 hubs and bolt them on and throw the ls1 brakes on after I cut the Gbody spindle ears?

thanks

You can buy hubs already machined, and with 2" studs included and installed, here for $140 shipped. Probably would cost close to that to have it done unless you have access to a lathe.

Flynbye Performance LLC

You can buy hubs already machined, and with 2" studs included and installed, here for $140 shipped. Probably would cost close to that to have it done unless you have access to a lathe.

Flynbye Performance LLC

the hubs i got from flynbye cracked around the stud. its really not a safe option. best thing to do is use corvette brakes on the blazer steering knuckles, or pay big bucks for the kore3 hubs. JMO

the hubs i got from flynbye cracked around the stud. its really not a safe option. best thing to do is use corvette brakes on the blazer steering knuckles, or pay big bucks for the kore3 hubs. JMO

thanks again.

I would love 13" rotors and LS1 or vette calipers.

How would you do it? Run the blazer spindle and knuckle and then get the bracket from flynbye?

thanks again.

How would you do it? Run the blazer spindle and knuckle and then get the bracket from flynbye?

And guess who just happens to have a pair of front brake Corvette Calipers for sale? :wink::biggrin:

thanks again.

Mario,

This is just my advice but By the time your done spending the money on making Corvette brakes to work you can just by the BAER brakes set up that are already mounted on OEM/dropped spindles and is a bolt-on kit and be done with fooling around with trying to gather up everything that will work, machining it to work.. No you don't have to buy the Track4 system like me but it is comparable or better than the C5 corvette brakes of today and in the end cheaper and less hassle to install...Plus in the end the matching rear system is available unlike with a corvette set up...

I see this time and time again and this isn't a sales pitch to sell brakes, You can buy them from BAER or any other vendor for that matter.. All I'm trying to convey is that sometimes a cheap/stock system from another car can end up being more expensive than just buying the performance bolt in kit to begin with.... Please do your homework and check into prices from several vendors on several different set up's and see what fit's your budget and installation skills the best and go with that....

And keep in mind when thinking of installing LS1, S-10, C5, or some other stock brake system from another car that "It's still STOCK" But just from another car!!, Yes they may be an improvement over the stock 1986 Buick brakes and that may suit you fine for just street driving but An aftermarket performance brake system is going to always give you much better results with a matched rear set up that compliments their front system.....

IF you happen to choose us for a brake purchase I want you to know we give discounts to TB.com members and would be happy to help you out....

Right now we are doing a complete bolt-in brake install from BAER on our GNS test car that will soon be posted for all to follow, including some nice tips and ideas...

Scot W.

I just got a price fron Flynby Performance for $140 for the pair of Hub and you can do and exchange for the spindle for $150 and you get back $75 when you send in your spindles

Scot- i have a moser 12 bolt rear with wildwood disc brakes in the rear- what front brake set up would work best to compliment the rear brakes-i was also hoping to lower the front some to match the bell tech springs in rear?