Ls turbo swap or build 3.8 ?

IMG_0110.JPG

Just an old BBC, made 2360HP before LS engines were the rage. Yup and was a wet sump too
Chris race parts 002.jpg

Back in the day Lawrence Conley tried to compete with the V8's in the National Muscle Car Association with his V6 turbo Regal. He was never competitive and he blew up many a motor trying. There is an old saying, "There is no substitute for cubic inches". It still holds true today.

Can a LS engine make more than 2500 hp and be as reliable as a BBC and as cost effective? If not they will never take over racing. The real question is what would Jesus use?

Haha

Seriously

If it came down to racing for cash or making a living off of it I would have the built LS

But an occasional track car / street car ... the v6 stays

Linewalker, I was selling those engines to Lawrence 4 at a time. Some brand spanking new blocks, heads and cranks. There is a substitute for cubic inches, take whatever cubic inch motor that you have and add 2 turbos, :), more power, more power, more power!

He finally went turbo v8 in his Camero, but still couldn't stay with those mega nitrous motors.

Btw, I was very sad to see that Janace had passed away.

image.jpg
I always thought conelys car was one of the coolest back in the day.... I remember reading about him competing with the big name cars as well. Definitely a name that will be remembered.

My engine is being rebuilt by Jack Cotton's engine rebuilding place (in Massachusetts) not sure the name of the place though… I don't have, or never had anything negative to say about Jack…but this time it's just taking TOO LONG. (n)

Claude.
Almost 2 years now and still waiting…. :mad:

Claude. :cry:

I understand where your coming from but you don't have over the counter parts in your build.
I know, Jack told me that, but I'm pretty sure that if my name was Cruz or Fiscus, I would've probably got my engine within two months!

Claude.