LS Swap in a GN Not a fan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am considering pulling the LC2 out of my Chevelle and also going turbo LS.

BTW nice work Stroker-ace.

AND at least you did it your self and not with your wallet, that is worth a lot more respect and admiration then wallet builds. NOT saying that wallet builds are junk. But seeing wallet build guys talk smack about other peoples work is just funny sh!t to be ignored and dismissed.

If you didn't build you own car STFU about some else's car.

20K for a ticking time bomb V6< spending half that for a LS that will out perform/ out live the V6

People must be behind the times around here. I know of 2 9 sec or faster ls cars....and I go to the local tracks once a week. I know of a bunch of 10 and 11 sec $15k ls engine cars though. I also know the fastest one is about as reliable as any buick v6. Seems like magazines and and internet hype do these wonders. Big block fords rule around here for the most part.

20K for a ticking time bomb V6< spending half that for a LS that will out perform/ out live the V6

They all break sooner or later. Good luck with your LS build but the above comments maybe should be kept to yourself. This is still a Buick forum not an LS forum. Everyone has a opinion I understand that but I'm sure you would have more support on a LS board.

You have to expect some backlash from Buick folk with those comments. Just my .02 not try to start a war of words. Good luck on your build I hope you do well and go fast but i'll stick to my LC2. Thanks

I would have to agree with KevinB..Too many people jumping on the GMHT LS bandwagon. MOST of the guys that talk about making the LS swap can't keep their 12 second TR together:eek:. In the end it's your car and your money..

Truth be told with ANY engine's durability - "It starts with the build and ends with the tune"... I don't care what engine it is, if it's not built right it makes that particular engine look bad to others, same can be said with the "Tune" of any engine...

SW.

So true!! There are people that still don't get it...if you are not going to run it hard or very often the V6 is ok for you. If you want more reliable hp and want to run it to the ground, the LS is the way to go. $15+k for a 109 :rolleyes: what a joke...

They all break sooner or later. Good luck with your LS build but the above comments maybe should be kept to yourself. This is still a Buick forum not an LS forum. Everyone has a opinion I understand that but I'm sure you would have more support on a LS board.

You have to expect some backlash from Buick folk with those comments. Just my .02 not try to start a war of words. Good luck on your build I hope you do well and go fast but i'll stick to my LC2. Thanks

The man has set many records running V6 engines and he has been into these cars for 20+ years. He has earned his place to talk about the Buick V6. The fact is the Buick V6 has it's place in history, but the engine is getting old and it is inferior in comparison to the engines out there today. There are many getting on the bandwagon because performance/budget are becoming a reality these days with the LSx engines. We just picked up a couple 5.3's and 4.8's for $250.00 to $375.00. We are beginning a budget 8 second LSx build in the GN and will be documenting the costs and putting it on the dyno over the winter.

We have had more interest in the LSx Regal out on the street than the V6 car got when at local cruise hangouts over the summer, that says a lot.

Our mock up is a $250 4.8 junkyard motor. We sent the stock alum heads off to Total Engine Airflow in Ohio for cnc, larger intake valves and new springs for $1000. Looking for 800 rwhp on e85 with a cam swap and twin 67's stay tuned...

LSx= overhype ,water pushing, 3/8" headbolts, BBC weight in small block package,cleveland ripoff,garbage. its for the sheep.

SBC and BBC are the reason why they have LSx only fest lol.

Done right it is a work of art.

There is several done right on here......just look around..... you won't have any problem figuring out if they were done right or not......
His is done right the only thing i see that maybe he should address,or should have addressed,are open the top 2 rings to .028,he had all the right parts...wondering what broke,i didnt read this whole post....nice azz car ..

LSx= overhype ,water pushing, 3/8" headbolts, BBC weight in small block package,cleveland ripoff,garbage. its for the sheep.

SBC and BBC are the reason why they have LSx only fest lol.

You should back away from the bong...U R delusional....

If anything, they sure are good truck engines. 210,000 and counting on my Tahoe's 5.3. Bought it with 60K miles and replaced oil and plugs and that's it. No leaks, consumes about 1 quart of oil between 5K mile oil changes. Pretty damn good for the mileage I think.

If anything, they sure are good truck engines. 210,000 and counting on my Tahoe's 5.3. Bought it with 60K miles and replaced oil and plugs and that's it. No leaks, consumes about 1 quart of oil between 5K mile oil changes. Pretty damn good for the mileage I think.

well im almost up to burning 2 quarts of oil between oil changes and loving hearing the piston slap on my Silverado`s 5.3L .

I do think there were a few like that as with every production anything. I remember listening to my friends 2001 Silverado in 2003 with serious piston slap before warm up. He did beat on it a fair amount though.

See the reason ive always had and built buicks were because they were different. I wont argue the point that the technology is better in a ls style motor over a 3.8 buick that has its beginnings in the early 60's mabe longer. I run a v6 in my car because its what made the car great to begin with. I except that it will cost more cause its a niche market and simply a buick, but its different. If I wanted a ls motor id buy a camaro,gto,firebird or G8. I have a 03 silverado with a 5.3 in it and its a great engine. Im also a master mechanic and have worked on a lot of them! I simply think taking the buick engine out of the buick makes it less than a GN. So many people have come up to me to say the cliche "nice monte" and if I ran a ls motor it might as well be. Its like opening the hood of a late 70's firebird and seeing the olds engine in it. Ive never heard of anyone getting excited over that. If im the last retard to have a v6 in my buick so be it. At least it will different. I know this is a different car and engine but its just the sign of the times.So each his own .Just saying my 2 cents like it or not.Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.