low tps volts at wot

martymcsuperfly

I posted this one in the other forums. I am hoping anybody may know going on with this thing. I cant get anything over 3 volts at wot. And, very hard to get the .40 at idle. new tps, new ecm, new ground, new battery, new alt, checked fusable link....The car just wont idle like this. Stays at 3k. Thanks guys! :frown:

To properly adjust for WOT, just loosen the two screws (too obvious), and pull the tps as far forward as possible and tighten the two just enough to no allow it to move on it's own.
For idle adjustment, re loosen to top screw and move the nose of the tps up or down (very very small amounts).

ah dave, if it was only that simple! I have gone through all of that. At any position on the tbody, there is no way to get the volts right. Currently, i have .40 at idle, and the tps is practically straight up! And, 3.12 at wot! The car is not happy at all! I think that I have a wiring gremilin, but I just cant find it. My next step is to gut the wiring and replace it all. A pricey event to say the least! Thanks for the reply!

ah dave, if it was only that simple! I have gone through all of that. At any position on the tbody, there is no way to get the volts right. Currently, i have .40 at idle, and the tps is practically straight up! And, 3.12 at wot! The car is not happy at all! I think that I have a wiring gremilin, but I just cant find it. My next step is to gut the wiring and replace it all. A pricey event to say the least! Thanks for the reply!

if the tps is straight up then its not going to be right i have mine straight forward and .44 and 4.79 at wot. you have to do one screw at a time if they are both loose they will effect both readings.

What voltage do you have on the signal line? Like, if you unplug the tps and probe the black wire and the other wire, (not the blue one) what voltage do you have?

Tps

Have had to use a little rat tail file to work the inside of the tabs to get them to get adjusted right. A little elbow grease and patience and it worked fine. You have the floor mat out of the way I'm sure right?;)

i had one tps where i buzzed the rear of the tabs off and still couldnt get it. this shouldnt be this hard!! the thing just looks wrong!

I agree with Bandit, sounds like your reference voltage is low. Check the ref voltage at the MAF, and the MAP sensors also. If you don't have 5 volts at all three, the is a problem with the ECU, one of these sensors, or a short to ground in the ref voltage supply line. Disconnect all the sensors, and check ref voltage. If it is 5v then the problem is a leak in one of the sensors. connect them one at a time until you find the culprit. Or it could be a leak in the supply line. To check that you would have to unplug the ECU, and all the sensors, and measure resistance to ground on a high resistance scale. Watch the meter while you wiggle, and pull or twist the harness at the sensor locations. If this doesn't find your problem, just cut the fuel line, turn on the ignition, and light a match. Later
Danny

Guys, thank you for all the replies. I got this one figured out. I was not using the movement of the sensor on both screws. I set the idle TPS, and used the same movement to set WOT. When I began working with both screws to adjust both the top and bottom, then I was able to get correct readings high and low.

I checked the volts coming in. They are at around 5. I didnt check the other sensors though! I will surely check that! However, the gas line method has been proposed!! Incredible suggestions though! You guys could build a space shuttle! With boost of course! Thanks!

this one screw method.....can you guys break that down for me? I just loosen the screws until I can just move the sensor up and down and forward.