Low Ohm High Ohm Inj. Harness???

HelloBozos

A Bozo in Buick
Can you run a stock style injector harness on low ohm injectors???
I'm being told there two different kinds off wire harness for injectors, depending on the type they are.
Last, what happens when you use brand new out the box stock type harness (From GN1) on low Ohm injectors (72pph in my case)???

Thanks
Bozo

The harness should have nothing to do with the injector impedence. Injector impedence is an internal characteristic.

I ran 72 lb low impedence inj. for a couple of years with the stock inj. wiring harness without any issues.

I had a similar question. Caspers has a special injector harness that supposedly allows you to run low impedance injectors with the stock high impedance injector drivers. Cotton's sells it too on their website. It says race only so I am guessing it may not last forever on a street application. I know you will eventually burn up the stock injector drivers running low impedance injectors but don't know anyone who has tried it. Also, I don't know if the adapter harness turns it into a true peak and hold low impedance driver. I kind of doubt it does. Anyone else with experience on this topic?

I just bought the heavier wire harness. I asked a few of the go fast guys, and they all use the heavier harness regardless of injector.

Coach

I had a similar question. Caspers has a special injector harness that supposedly allows you to run low impedance injectors with the stock high impedance injector drivers. Cotton's sells it too on their website. It says race only so I am guessing it may not last forever on a street application. I know you will eventually burn up the stock injector drivers running low impedance injectors but don't know anyone who has tried it. Also, I don't know if the adapter harness turns it into a true peak and hold low impedance driver. I kind of doubt it does. Anyone else with experience on this topic?
This harness does not allow the use of low impedance injectors with an unmodified computer. It is hotwired. I am running the 14 gauge harness from Caspers because it came with an engine I bought. I know of some 9 and 8 sec cars that use stock harnesses.

I ran 72 lb low impedence inj. for a couple of years with the stock inj. wiring harness without any issues.

I'm running 83's with a stock harness.

ECM is modded for low impedance injectors.

The harness with the heavier wire does not allow you to run an unmodded ECM.

Bob

On a race car, I would want as many new connectors in the harness as I could. The stock ones are getting really old, and for a high-dollar build I would seriously consider the replacement harness. I do not think that a hot-wired harness is necessary though.

Bob

I had mod. quad air ECM, now on XFI,the old harness i couldn't read the number on any more an totaly forgot to mark them unhooking them.So now when i went to get a new set, couple people i asked on ordering them from asked if i had low or high ohm injectors, But i have XFI now, the 72pph inj are low ohm. is there two differant harness's availiable ? or the differance is stock or thicker?

Thanks.

I think there are 3 choices.

stock

thicker than stock

thicker than stock, and hotwired.

Bob