low/ no drone muffler

jburnsinnj

I read a thread recently but cannot find it regarding a new design low/no drone high performance muffler. Can some one tell me more on this ? Do they make one to replace the original OEM GM muffler ?

I think you may be referring to the dynomax vt that uses a valve to change flow direction at different throttle positions. I don't know anything about them.
Im currently exploring the 3 muffler setup to solve my drone problem.

For some reason, I look at that design and it strikes me as a failure. Maybe I'm missing something...... with the valve closed, doesn't it become a huge restriction? How long will the valve operate considering the heat and condensation that occurs in the normal operation cycle? I could see the spring failing and then you're screwed. maybe if the parts were stainless, then some longevity might be realized. I still want to know about the valve creating a huge restriction when closed. I supposed a limited lifetime warranty must mean something.

For some reason, I look at that design and it strikes me as a failure. Maybe I'm missing something...... with the valve closed, doesn't it become a huge restriction? How long will the valve operate considering the heat and condensation that occurs in the normal operation cycle? I could see the spring failing and then you're screwed. maybe if the parts were stainless, then some longevity might be realized. I still want to know about the valve creating a huge restriction when closed. I supposed a limited lifetime warranty must mean something.

Same thing I've wondered....my guess would be at cruise the valve would be partly open to allow exhaust flow, but at WOT the spent exhaust would fully open the door. How that door is suppose to create a no drone is a mystery to me but Dynomax says it works....had I not have just had my muffler welded on I'd be willing to try one just to see if it was really all it was cracked up to be. And yes the spring possibly breaking is/was another curiosity of mine.

i installed the VT a while back and it did lower the drone quite a bit.

i run a single 3" straight back with muffler and exit in stock location.

My issue was my prior setup was so great, no drone. then the new engine had a horrible drone with same exhaust so i went with the Dynomax VT.

The Dynomax tech had me get the one for larger displacement motors.

kinda sounds weird at idle, gets getting used to. But drone is almost gone.