Low mileage TTA on eBay at a decent price

well for the miles you can tell it was'nt taken care of too well. Not a car guy owner I guess. And whats up with the headliner and the reason why it's tore up!! If he was a "car guy" I think that is something you would fix on a car with those miles.

Q: What happened to the headliner?
Oct-06-06
A: The owner took it on vacation and the fuel pump started acting up. They stopped to get it fixed and they noticed when they got several hundred miles down the road that it (the headliner) was burned somehow

If the owner would fix the head liner and get all that grease out of the carpets and detail the engine bay nice he might get some money for it. That sound system also gives it that "a kid must have owned it" look. People pay the good money for the TTA's that are in nice shape and bone stock.

Well, it was mentioned it was a show car, but the engine comp. is very Ahhhmm EXTREMELY dirty and the guy selling it doesnt really know what he is talking about with the emblems. The steering wheel looks to have something on it too....Just to point a few things out. Buying a car sight unseen on ebay and spotting these thing out just in a photo scares me IMHO.
My .02

Why would someone cornhole such a low mile car like that :eek:

Wonder how many screws got drilled into the gas tank from that stereo stuff.

That steering wheel is brutal, as are the pedals.. red flags keep popping up everywhere on it.

no way. Look at the wear on the steering wheel and the dirt on the engine. No way it has 8k miles.. never mind the missing Turbo TransAm emblems ..

is it just me......or

Its looks like substantial interior pieces have been replaced......the dash part of the shifter console....they seem to be a lighter color than the rest of the interior? Gutted at one time maybe?
Steve Chambers

FlyinGN said:
no way. Look at the wear on the steering wheel and the dirt on the engine. No way it has 8k miles.. never mind the missing Turbo TransAm emblems ..

A couple hundred of the cars were built without the "Turbo" emblems. They were sent to the owners later on and optionally applied.

- Dave

I live about 5 hours away from this one....Sorely tempted, but we're planning to start a new house in the next few months. Wife diagnosed with a cancer this week, or, I'd be all over it anyway.

I think it would be an easy and fun clean up and fixer, then part out the sound system.... :)

Still very tempted....Anybody from this site bidding? If you are, I won't. PM me.

Lee

Sorry to hear your wife has cancer Lee....Has anyone else seen this car on ebay? I think I vaguely remember this car about 2 years ago.

Jason

Quiky One said:
Sorry to hear your wife has cancer Lee....Has anyone else seen this car on ebay? I think I vaguely remember this car about 2 years ago.

Jason
Thanks for your kind words Jason, its an operable cancer and she has a very good chance to survive a long time....Yes, I seem to remember it on E-bay too, you could check the FAQ list for the link to the TTA ebay history to make sure.

When Davage says it seems like a deal, I think he's right.

:)

Hey Lee its Dusty from Manitou. Sorry to hear about your wife as well. If you do get this car I would love to come look at it. Where you plan on moving to? Thanks again for all your help with my Turbo Regals. Maybe I ought to sell two of my Turbo Regals and pick up this TTA :D Naw I could only part with one of my cars right now and I wouldnt have enough to get it just selling the one.

my85grandnation said:
Hey Lee its Dusty from Manitou. Sorry to hear about your wife as well. If you do get this car I would love to come look at it. Where you plan on moving to? Thanks again for all your help with my Turbo Regals. Maybe I ought to sell two of my Turbo Regals and pick up this TTA :D Naw I could only part with one of my cars right now and I wouldnt have enough to get it just selling the one.
Dusty, if you could swing it, do it! My good wife of 39.5 years will be just fine, thanks for the support. :)

She said I could sell her beanie baby collection and buy the car with that money ;)

Moving to a 1.5 acre lot on the Brazos River, near Ft Worth, TX:

Lee_Burough said:
Dusty, if you could swing it, do it! My good wife of 39.5 years will be just fine, thanks for the support. :)

She said I could sell her beanie baby collection and buy the car with that money ;)

Moving to a 1.5 acre lot on the Brazos River, near Ft Worth, TX:
BEAUTIFUL.... :cool:

Jason

Lee, I wish I could afford to get a TTA, but right now they are just not in my price range. Hope you enjoy Texas. My Dads side of the family lives there as well as one of my moms sisters and we visit them from time to time, but Im glad that visit is all we do. Being born and raised here in Colorado has me spoiled. I get sick of the heat and humidity when I go down to Texas. I will have to find someone else around here thats good with turbo cars since youll be moving. Know any one you can give me contact info for?

ebay TTA

Nice TTA, but I question that wierd burn...??

anyone noticed the cracked windshield...?

Lee, I hope everything goes fine with your wife and good luck with your house project. I been Granbury TX when I met LEE for the purchase of my current TTA, its a beautiful place to retire :)
Dont ever give up on getting another TTA, if you find a way to squeeze in your life..do it... ;)

Good luck
Roy

Veesixx said:

anyone noticed the cracked windshield...?

Roy,
I could not see the cracked windshield, but I did notice the broken antenna, stuck in the "Up" position.

- Dave

I thought "paypal preferred" was a red flag. Who wants to pay 3% on $13,000? :confused:

davege said:
Good question! I think it is dirty grease.
- Dave
That was my assessment too....Phillyturbosix could make that look a lot better with a few hours elbow grease ;)