low boost

Boost is created by exhaust (proper mixture of air/fuel/spark). First start simple and check your turbo for being loose and having too much play. Next, verify the W/G is not the problem. If you remove the signal (vacuum line) to the W/G, it should remain closed and therefor over boost. OBVIOUSLY be careful when testing. If your boost goes up to 10+ psi, then you found the problem. Continue from there.

Hope this helps you.

The factory gage is known not to be accurate, you will need a aftermarket boost gage. If you truly have low boost, I would do the above mentioned things with the vaccum line to the wastegate. Also if you are just starting out you will need a walbro fuel pump, check with www.fullthrottle.com and a hot wire kit. Also a scanmaster to tune and monitor knock retard(the enemy) if you have knock and don't know it you will blow a head gasket or worse.

Chuck

I have scanmaster o2 was 840 and o Knock but could hear car spark rattling I also have alky injection. unhooked line to actuator still 7 pounds of boost