lousy first time on new combo

never got one yet just wanted to see what i could get on this 60 at low boost. i think with a good 60ft and some a/f adjustment or timng i could get my 10.99 wish.
Your car weigh 3500lbs with you in it or out? I weighed in at 3575 with me (190)
3690 with me in it

i was just looking at my log file and if you notice look at my mph! as it increases it goes up and down as it increases. my mph should have been higher. thats the pulsating i was trying to say going thru third

If you can feel that and it's not just bad buffering of the vss. Check your trq converter, and cooler. This is exactly what mine started to do. Surge at the top of the gear.

87turbot-type said:
If you can feel that and it's not just bad buffering of the vss. Check your trq converter, and cooler. This is exactly what mine started to do. Surge at the top of the gear.

It feels like pressure is applying and unapplying on the drum and You can hear it too

Sent from my SCH-I100 using Turbo Buick

Also I am 5 MPH off. My converter locks at 50 instead of 45

87turbot-type said:
I'm not seeing the TCC locked at all in the log? How old is that trq converter?

I forgot to say at cruising its 4 yrs old 2000 miles

tonka said:
Have you verified correct trans. fluid level? What filter in the trans?

Yes full and deep pan with 7004r filter. Tranny is new full billit

Well I got motor back together with new Rjc headgaskets. Lowered boost to 12 Psi and no Alky with 23/21 timing and the car ran and shifted beautifully. No knock. Could the bucking and banging have been the head lifting because it blew on the way home from track