lousy first time on new combo

QUIP'6'

Brian Roman
left at 0 boost and 20 ps1. i left off twice because it was bucking at the second gear shift it was slaming and banging hard still got a 11.66 at 117 with a 1.8 60 foot. please look at logger file and tell me about the knock that i have . still getting that 14.1 issue that i posted before

Attachments

• LogFile.dat
    197.8 KB · Views: 111
It kept banging from first to second back and forth

Sent from my SCH-I100 using Turbo Buick

Just looking at your log file. Your setup is very close to mine but you have a bigger engine. I don't think your times are that bad given the issue and the 60ft time and the turbo you are running. Looks like it is bucking bad causing the knock.

That small knock comes in at the 2-3 shift which also is a bit low of a shit point. I would try taking some timing out and re - logging the run and see if the rest of those knock blips go away or stay. Your AFR looks perfect at 10.7-8

Got any more logs of the car so we can see something to compare it to? I would say that is false knock. If you want to improve your times there's other stuff you should work on fixing.

Got any more logs of the car so we can see something to compare it to? I would say that is false knock. If you want to improve your times there's other stuff you should work on fixing.
no other logs. just wondering now that i went to the track that the stress of the sticky road made the tranny issue come out. for 2 summers it ran perfect but always had the knock issue. wondering if it is in the converter. as far as et's i just wanted to make an easy pass with 0 boost and a low boost run. i think with out letting out and a 1.6 60ft i should have been at a 11 teen.

In the post you refered to Coach had a bad converter that caused knock. So it's hunting back and forth between 1 and 2 and not staying in 2 at wot? Have you talked to Vince Janis to see what he has to say?

In the post you refered to Coach had a bad converter that caused knock. So it's hunting back and forth between 1 and 2 and not staying in 2 at wot? Have you talked to Vince Janis to see what he has to say?
i launched and when it got to top of first the tranny started banging hard like it was shifting back and forth so i let off and got back in it and it did it again then let off and it shifted and ran in second gear and shifted good in third. i called janis and he said to bring it up and he has no idea what it could be. now it shifts soft in second cruising and stays in second at part throttle till i let off a hair

I had what I suspected to be a bad converter as well on my last setup and I did have bucking like this and ended up taking out the trust bearings on the crank. (cooler was plugged) Progressively got worse and happened all the time in all gears eventually.

You can see in the log the searching for second gear. No timing change as per the chip would have ignore for that.

Just wondering if you have adjusted your tv cable? Not that it would cause the bucking. Some weird stuff happening there.

87turbot-type said:
I had what I suspected to be a bad converter as well on my last setup and I did have bucking like this and ended up taking out the trust bearings on the crank. (cooler was plugged) Progressively got worse and happened all the time in all gears eventually.

You can see in the log the searching for second gear. No timing change as per the chip would have ignore for that.

Just wondering if you have adjusted your tv cable? Not that it would cause the bucking. Some weird stuff happening there.

Ouch that Hurts. I did try TV cable but only made Shift softer on cruising

I would not call that lousy..;) Once you get a handle on the tune and surpress the knock, bottom 11's high 10's are in the deck, at that boost level too! Our 60fts are killing us.

87WE4BOOSTED said:
I would not call that lousy..;) Once you get a handle on the tune and surpress the knock, bottom 11's high 10's are in the deck, at that boost level too! Our 60fts are killing us.

LOL I meant lousy because of tranny problems first time at track. As far as 60 ft I was scared of spinning and running under 11.49 and getting booted so I left easy. I was shocked for letting off twice and running that et with a budget 60 Turbo.

by looking at my log file where to i need to put wot fuel at? 145? where was it correcting at?

If you change it to 145 you should bring your afr correction down to pretty much nothing. It's still within the zone where it brings it back down to 10.8 AFR without any issues. 145 might smooth things out a bit better. Fix the trans problem and figure a way to launch it and your gonna be impressed with your numbers for sure.

I just weighed my car on the scale and was trying to do some practice launches for my track day on the 29th. Figure I am going to have the same issues with traction. On the street I can't do anything to stop it from spinning and fish tailing on the launch on 255 et streets.

If you change it to 145 you should bring your afr correction down to pretty much nothing. It's still within the zone where it brings it back down to 10.8 AFR without any issues. 145 might smooth things out a bit better. Fix the trans problem and figure a way to launch it and your gonna be impressed with your numbers for sure.

I just weighed my car on the scale and was trying to do some practice launches for my track day on the 29th. Figure I am going to have the same issues with traction. On the street I can't do anything to stop it from spinning and fish tailing on the launch on 255 et streets.
thanks and good luck