Lot's of play time last thursday

tsaltario

Still learning!!!!!
Was out on the town last Thursday night in the Buick, kinda cold out, but clear roads finally. Met up at the local Macs store where usually it's all ricers with big fart cans. Not tonight though. There was a twin turbo AWD Skyline, new SRT-8 Charger, SRT 4 (that I beat in my previous post) 300ZX twin turbo, rousch stage 3 mustang, GT mustang with some modds, couple other guys around.

We went for a cruise through town, all the other guys were pinning it, racing from a roll, being a little reckless. I stayed up with them, albeit hanging back a bit.

On our way back towards the Macs, I finally catch a light with the stage 3 mustang, and the SRT-8 Charger. As the other light turns yellow, I foot brake it just a little, bring the boost up to around 0.

Light turns green, and the stang and Charger get a jump on me (1/2 a length maybe), we're all spinning like mad men, but me the most. I pedal it all the way through 1st, and a little bit into 2nd trying to let the ass end catch. Finally start to get some traction and pull around both cars, to about a 1/2 a lenght in my favour. (actually, the stage 3 stang missed 2nd, he was having problems all night, he said his syncro's were almost gone) Shut it down around 80mph. All three of us are grinning ear to ear.

Cruise up the hill, about a mile later, I catch a light with 3 lanes, SRT8 on the left, a nobody in the middle and me on the right. This one's right in front of the max where everyone else is parked, hanging out.

Green light, and I show no mercy to my tires. over the whoosh of my turbo, squeeling tires, my passenger screaming, I can also hear the Charger's tires whining a little. He hooked around 30MPH and started to pull away a little. I can't see my speedo needle, it's burried. I feel 2nd hit hard, and tires starting to grab and I floor it so hard, there's a new dent in my floorboard.

Still spinning, I pull, and pull, and pull and put 2 lenghts on him before we shut er down around 120mph. Close for him, but not close enough.....

PS Any ideas to help with some traction for me? LOL I'd have decimated these guys if only I could hook...

I was out last Thursday or so. It was freekin Cold for traction.
Get a set of drag radials if you don't have them already. Street tires are down right scary!! When It's cold out car runs great, but you can't prove it.lol;)

Nice kills. A set of drag radials or slicks . A little power brake before the light turns to heat them. Then you should go even better!!:biggrin:

god, street tires are bad enough on my regal, and i don't have a TC yet so i can't even boost brake it with this turbo.

yeah, a good set of DR's is a must for our cars. that's a good place to start for traction.

Without having to drop lots of coin you can get some decent/cheap tires that will help your dilemma. A friend with a similar combo to yours turned me on to these tires. Only available at Pep Boys "futura" brand (I think they're made by Cooper tire). 295/50R15's -$67 a piece. Fit fine on 8" rims- little if any rubbing in hard corners only. I run them on a few of my cars and they're great for the price.