Lost to a 5.0 spraying 125

Twins

Wanna Trade Eyeglasses ?
Mid Mi Motorplex weds. night test-and tune, I get next to a 90's LX notch painted like it should be Captian America's.

I hear him purge as I stage building boost (cat no muff ) second yellow....10 psi against the brakes GO.

A little spin (ends up being a 1.8 60) and I leave him hard, but at the eight I can see him coming in my pass mirror.

1000' side by side, about half a car at the 1320.

13.5 to my 13.7. DAMN!!!

I get my slip and just grin back to the pits, this bozo has to spray a 5 spd. "pony car" to get by my black turbo.

It must suck to almost loose to a SUV!!!!!!

Thought it was a little fishy, when you said you launched at 10 psi, and only ran a 13.7.

My S-10 dreams of his younger brothers! :D

Good kill! Well, not really, but its a kill to the heart, V6 v.s. V8, car v.s. truck, and 125 shot to catch you!!! :D

I had the same experience at an eighth mile track, but this guy ran a 7.5 @ 92 to my 8.2 @ 84. It was kind of neat to see it start pulling on me with the white exhaust smoke. He was running a 125 shot, I talked to him afterwards. Nitrous is the equalizer for those cars.

13.5 is slow for a 125 shot on a 5.0. Something was not right.
Properly set up, that car would go well into the 12s.

Pat

NOS the Steriod breakfast of Champions..

What happens when the bottle runs out? I know he runs slower.

A little more info, this bright fella tore out the FI to convert to carb.

It's also a 250 fogger.

Runs 15.4 w/out spray.

I forget how uninformed some people in this small town are, imagine tearing out all of the EFI stuff to slow down.

Unreal. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Twins
A little more info, this bright fella tore out the FI to convert to carb.

It's also a 250 fogger.

Runs 15.4 w/out spray.

I forget how uninformed some people in this small town are, imagine tearing out all of the EFI stuff to slow down.

Unreal. :rolleyes:

What!!! What a crazy buffoon. That must be one beat up stank, or he doesn't know how to drive.

I guess going from FI to carb will do that to ya! Well maybe on a Ferd. :D

Yes, he definatly does not know what he is doing.....Whats wrong with converting to carb? Im doing it. Costs less and is not my daily driver.

Stroked, no harm meant, I just can't imagine going to a string and can instead of a T1.

To each there own...you know kinda like Ford vs GM, or Coke vs Pepsi.

No question carbs can be fast but there isn't any FI motor in the world that is easier or cheaper to get parts for than a 5.0

Start off with a mid to high 14 sec car and slow it down a sec by putting a carb on it. It just seems backwards to me but you can see in my sig I prefer FI cars.

BTW one of my most favorite cars of the 20+ I've owned in the last 15 years was an 84 Capri RS. 302 holley/motorcraft 600.
Felt like a 12 sec car (what Fox box dosen't) in reality 14.9 all stock. Lotta's of fun but not as fast as a later FI fox, is the Ford group unable to make a carb go fast....of course not. They just figured out that FI equals real world driveablity along with emmisions compliance and customer satisfaction. For an all out drag car I'm sure a carb is a good choice (I can't say for sure I drive all of my cars whenever-where ever I want), but 15.4 in a 90's notch?. I guess I would upset with a POS 3.8 in a stang that went 13.5 on a 250 shot.

Again what ever floats your boat is cool with me, but I think it's going to be hard to convince a Turbo Buick board that a carb is a better choice. Even the Before Black guys must agree with this. I have a Hot-Air....I understand the love of you car/underdog thing but I do know a I/C car is faster and will be faster with the same mods.

Enjoy your car whatever you do with it.

Peace-Twins

I completly understand where your comin from. Im freakin surprised that motor stayed together with a 250 on there:eek: I never wanted to say a carb was better. In my situation, its is better for me. Motor will take me into the 10's then a lil shot of sauce. It would be alil harder to do that with EFI. Sure, it could be done with more money. Actually, Ron Anderson just built a EFI 347 making 474RWHP n/a. They where taking this motor to 8,000 rpms with a hyd. roller cam!! Moral of the story, Efi can work too$.

Pat

When did you pick this new toy up. So, is this what has kept you so busy lately??? Can't wait to see it.