I did a thing to

michael evans

Well I did it now. White car and a tire boiling burn out at the drag strip with Drag Radios.

First I touched a stray rubber spot that somehow got on top of the quarter and it just smeared.

With older tire compounds the rubber would just fall off after a few days. With DRs it is just smearing if you touch it .

Well my bright thinking I tried WD-40. it did dissolve it for just a little bit then goes right back on the paint.

So far in just a small spot, I already went though one rag and made a big mess of the car and me. At this rate it is going to take all the rags I have to do one side.

Is there some better to get the rubber off easier.

Doing this make you swear to never do it again.

update:

I decided to step it up some and the next best thing I had is a product called "Total Prep". It is a paint prep that you wipe with before you sand and just before painting to remove any wax and dirt.

What I have is a gallon can about 15 years old. You will have to go to an automotive paint supply house to get the good stuff.

It cut the rubber better but still used a couple of rags.

Use one to remove the big stuff, then throw it away. Use a second to finish.

You might think you can get it with the fist rag, but you make a mess.

Got one side done, will do the other in a day or two.

Blue or green painters tape on the 1/4's from the bodyline down BEFORE you do that big ol' burn out will help in the future.................:) See that stuff on the sides of my car?

Start with 5 or 6 rolls of quality soft paper towels and a large garbage pail. Then get about 3 cans of WD-40. Sit on a bucket and make yourself comfortable. Get your patients in check. Now go to work.

Spray the WD-40 on one piece of paper towel and do ONLY a single spot about 3 inches across. Throw it away immediately. Repeat....repeat.......repeat.....repeat.......and keep going.

Respond to this post a week from now when your done and let us know how you did.

Blue or green painters tape on the 1/4's from the bodyline down BEFORE you do that big ol' burn out will help in the future.................:) See that stuff on the sides of my car?

Weak burnout

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Anytime I am ready to do a burn out. I spray WD40 all over my fender and don't wipe it. Nothing sticks to it.
In your case, if you have a lot of rubber plastered all over your fender, I got a bucket of hot soapy water with a rag and kept it to the side, then got out the ol Gerry can of regular gasoline and a microfibre cloth. Poured the gas into the cloth and wiped the rubber off. Takes very little effort to come off. Have a empty bucket that you can hold the rag over as you pour more gasoline into it to continue getting rid of the rubber. Once you have gotten rid of it, use the hot soapy water and wipe that section clean of fuel and residual rubber. Works extremely well, but it is a very messy job. Put some card board under the car while you are wiping off the rubber so it doesn't eff up your driveway.