Lost package

nu2gn

fasteddie
NOT SURE IF THIS IS THE RIGHT THREAD FOR THIS, BUT I BOUGHT A SET OF GAUGES AND CONSOLE FROM ONE OF THE MEMBERS, PAID USING PAYPAL, HE SHIPPED IT, GOT A TRACKING NUMBER AND MY POST OFFICE RECEIVED IT AND I CALLED THEM TO LET THEM KNOW THAT I DID NOT RECEIVE IT. AND THEY PRETTY MUCH TOLD ME THAT IT IS NOT THEIR RESPONSIBILITY. BECAUSE IT WAS PRIORITY PACKAGE AND A SIGNATURE WAS NOT REQUIRED. HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANYONE ELSE? IF YES, DID U GET UR MONEY BACK? I AM THINKING THAT SOMEONE SAW IT AT MY FRONT DOOR AND SNATCHED IT. REASON #52 TO GET OUT OF CHICAGO :mad:

It is very hard to believe you are only up to 52............:biggrin:

Thats funny chit.

To the OP, very common problem. ALWAYS, ALWAYS have signature verification !!! I can't believe people are not choosing this option to save a few cents. Im pretty certain you are screwed, USPS "says" they delivered it, it is now up to you to prove they didn't.

Bryan

I had to one time they will make you wait for 60 days i tihnk before you can make a claim. then it takes about 60 more to get your cash. they will want pics of every thing you had lost or stolen and if you have copies of the sale in PMs and such they will want that as well. It may be easier to go to paypal and see if they can help.

thats why people should always insist on using ups or fedex, usps is a bunch of dicks

It is not the fault of the USPS that is was shipped without a signature required. I find it much easier to use USPS Priority when shipping a Paypal transaction, print the label from Paypal and it gets picked up from your house, just choose the right options to protect yourself and the receiving party.

Bryan

Get your money back from who? It appears the seller fulfilled his part of the deal.

D

NOT SURE IF THIS IS THE RIGHT THREAD FOR THIS, BUT I BOUGHT A SET OF GAUGES AND CONSOLE FROM ONE OF THE MEMBERS, PAID USING PAYPAL, HE SHIPPED IT, GOT A TRACKING NUMBER AND MY POST OFFICE RECEIVED IT AND I CALLED THEM TO LET THEM KNOW THAT I DID NOT RECEIVE IT. AND THEY PRETTY MUCH TOLD ME THAT IT IS NOT THEIR RESPONSIBILITY. BECAUSE IT WAS PRIORITY PACKAGE AND A SIGNATURE WAS NOT REQUIRED. HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANYONE ELSE? IF YES, DID U GET UR MONEY BACK? I AM THINKING THAT SOMEONE SAW IT AT MY FRONT DOOR AND SNATCHED IT. REASON #52 TO GET OUT OF CHICAGO :mad:

was it insured ?? the seller just called me and said that they did not insure it. i did not know any better. i have never done this before. i guess i will have to ask more questions next time.

Domestic Insurance Prices
Amount for Merchandise
Insurance Coverage Desired Price1
$0.01 to $50 $1.80
$50.01 to $100 $2.30
$100.01 to $200 $2.85
$200.01 to $300 $4.75
$300.01 to $5,000
(maximum liability is $5,000) $4.75 plus $1.05 for each $100 or fraction thereof over $300

Not the cheapest but hey.
Product Description

UPS Declared Value Charges

Declared Value

$0.00 to $100.00 = FREE

$100.01 to $300.00 = $1.50 minimum

$300.01 to $50,000.00 = $.50 per $100 of value