Lost my little girl today

saywin

Fletch
:( I lost my little pet lab of almost 12 years today, she faded away in about 8 hours time with no signs before other than just getting old.

She was a GREAT PET and she will be very missed around our house!

I remember reading about someone losing their dog about a month or so ago and I replied with sorrow and the fact my dogs are aging, well she's gone now!

What a way to start off the new year, I am an OU fan and now my dog!:(

:( I lost my little pet lab of almost 12 years today, she faded away in about 8 hours time with no signs before other than just getting old.

She was a GREAT PET and she will be very missed around our house!

I remember reading about someone losing their dog about a month or so ago and I replied with sorrow and the fact my dogs are aging, well she's gone now!

What a way to start off the new year, I am an OU fan and now my dog!:(

Its like loosing a part of the family....We feel for you! Like your first love, best way to get over the hurt is to find another. Doesn't help you forget it just takes your mind off of the pain.

Aaron

Sorry to hear that. :(

Do you have any pics and funny stories about your dog? What was her name?

"saywin", my condolences...I know exactly how you feel, having lost one of my two dogs last year...it's a heartbreaking experience. I suggest that you take your time, do several things you like doing so you don't keep thinking about it all the time...You'll see...after a while, you will have gotten over it...and maybe you'll feel ready to adopt a new pet again!...:redface:

I wish you good luck,
Claude :)

Sorry to hear about the loss of your dog, I know how you feel it's tough.

Sorry to hear of the loss to you and your family. I know first-hand the pain of the loss of a family pet. It is the same as losing family. Godspeed in your family's recovery and Godspeed in her journey to dog heaven.

Sorry to hear that. :(

Do you have any pics and funny stories about your dog? What was her name?

Her name was Pudd'n, I remember when I first saw her I knew she was the one. I also have a Yellow Lab who's name is Yeller. You can see they really loved each other, I think he's missing her now.

My best moment with Pudd'n is about 1 week after we got her. We were staying in an apartment and my neighbor watcher her for us during the day. I came home from work and it was pooring down rain that day. I opened my neighbor's door and Pudd'n broke out and ran like crazy to a creek that was about 3 blocks away. Pudd'n jumped in the middle of the creek after some ducks, I called her several times and she would not come to me. I finally had to go in the creek and carry her all the way home. I remember being a little upset but laughing about it all later that night. I was drenched in my Air Force Uniform, that was a hell of a moment.

Attachments

• 101_4597.jpg
    101_4597.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 486
Very sorry for your loss. I too had a yellow lab of 12 yrs...he passed on a year from last July. Then this past summer my chocolate lab of 11 yrs. passed on. I vowed I would never have another dog...well, after a while I gave in. We got 2 boxers about 8 months ago...got them both housebroken and were doing great. Then one of them got a rare disease called dysautonomia. The best I can explain it is her autonomic nervous system basically shut down. She went from great to terrible in 3 days. I had to bury her Christmas morning.:( Was not a very good holiday season around here. The good thing is that we still have Lucy, the other boxer. She gets lots of attention now.

I know how you feel and believe me, it gets better. Sorry again....

:frown: really sad .. my dog is getting there to .. starting to slow down some .. one good thing ya have to think about is how great life has been to the dog !!

i'm really sorry to hear about your loss... i have 2 labs right now, they are the best dogs.. i really feel your pain :(

I feel your pain man! I just lost my 20 year old cat Dave and it really really sucks. My 4 year Mastiff/Lab mix is sitting nest to me right now. cant even imagine the day he is gone. Time will heal brother!

Sorry for your loss. They are like children to owners. Truely hurts.

My mini schnauzer just turned 13. She was supposed to die 2 years ago because of a bad heart. She's sure showed them vets.:D Unfortunately she's gotten pretty much incontenant now so my rugs are ruined.

very sorry to hear of your sorrow, i know what you might be feeling, i lost my lab and it was like loosing more than a pet it's loosing a family member :( it hurt so bad i vowed never to own another dog, i know it's tough now but just hang in there.

Sorry for your loss, I know what you are going through. I lost my black lab of 17 years 6 years ago and still think of her every day.

Jim

Sorry for your loss of Pudd'n. She bears a strong resemblance to our Katie who passed away several years ago. Katie is a legend in our family, having perfomed heroic acts and just being a devoted and perfectly loyal family member. The cherished memories of Pudd'n will warm your heart the rest of your life, never to be forgotten. All our best to your family.

Pudd'n jumped in the middle of the creek after some ducks, I called her several times and she would not come to me.

That's funny. It reminds me of one day when I took Starks to the park. There's a man made lake which is about 3/4 mile around. She has huge paws and litterally glides through the water with no problem. She started going after some ducks while I was throwing sticks into the water. The ducks kept moving to the center and Starks followed. A crowd of 20-30 people gathered to watch this crazy dog in the middle of the lake. She eventually came back when she got tired enough.

Attachments

• Picture 026.jpg
    Picture 026.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 411
So sorry to hear of your loss. Perhaps you might get some comfort from this, as I like to believe it to be a true account of things to come.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....