Lost Brake Pressure

Boy Buick85

Hey guys, I was driving home and i lost all brake pressure, my pedal was like a pendulum if i pushed it , it would swing very loosly. any way, checked under the car and their was no sighn of brake fluid ANY WHERE ??? . Then I checked the reservoir and it was low so , on top of that no idiot lights, NOT EVEN A MALFUNCTION CODE . previous to this when i would press the pedal my belt would squeek. EVEN WEIRDER ..... I STILL HAVE POWER STEARING . can any one give me some insight

Hey guys, I was driving home and i lost all brake pressure, my pedal was like a pendulum if i pushed it , it would swing very loosly. any way, checked under the car and their was no sighn of brake fluid ANY WHERE ??? . Then I checked the reservoir and it was low so , on top of that no idiot lights, NOT EVEN A MALFUNCTION CODE . previous to this when i would press the pedal my belt would squeek. EVEN WEIRDER ..... I STILL HAVE POWER STEARING . can any one give me some insight

Based on "No pedal" and "low fluid" (Depending on how low), it sounds like you either have:
1. External leak since you are loosing brake fluid
and/or (Since you did not see any leaks)
2. Internally leaking Master Cylinder

I do not belief the PS or brake system is tied into the ECm, so, don't expect any codes. :eek:

Edit:
Verify the pin did not shear/come out at the pedal (under the dash) as well.

Well theirs NO FLUID ANYWHERE and my reservoir still has fluid the one side closest to the driver is almost full and the other side is pritty low, below half. I also forgot to mention that right before it whent out the pedal would start to stick??? So what all do i need to remove to get to the pin that attaches to the pedal???? pics would help but if not thats okay too??

The brake warning light works off the switch on the proportional valve. The valve is located on the drivers side frame below the firewall. Make sure the wire is plugged into it. Did remove the rear brake drums and inspect the wheel cylinders? Even a small leak there will cause your pedal to go the floor. Since you lost some fluid I would suspect a leak but you may not see a puddle. I had one wheel cylinder leaking and all it had was a wet spot on it, especially with the brake dust absorbing the fluid. Also a leak in the break system will not effect your power steering system, but a problem with your power steering system will effect your brakes.