Losing my mind over oil leak

highboostgn

Ok this oil leak is driving me crazy... Early this year I ported my heads, put a champion intake on, and put a new cam in...Afterwards I had a pretty bad oil leak. I replaced the oil pan gasket, no change. turns out i was missing a bolt in the timing cover behind the crank. Fixed finally...nope... 2 weeks later i had a pretty decent puddle in my garage. It burns a little on the crossover pipe while underboost and then after driving it drips like crazy. The whole backside of the car has oil blown back on it, the crossmember has oil dripping from that. I checked behind the intake and it seems to be good. Any other places to check?

Thanks

What head gasket did you use? Cometics like to leak.

Have you checked your valve cover gaskets and like pronto said cometics like to leak as well. Mine weep some.

There was some oil leaking down the positive wire to the starter..how the hell would it get all the way up there

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Start at the top and work your way down to check for leaks one part at a time . Hang in there you will find it

Clean it all up and put some oil dye in. You find where it's coming from.

I had the same issue--I replaced the pan gasket, valve cover gaskets, etc. Finally got under the car with a cheap Harbor Freight bore scope and started really looking. It turned out that the Chinese Junk front cover that I used had a tiny hole in it that was right behind where the crank sensor lives. Could just barely see it with the scope!

Is there any chance the oil you're seeing now is residual runoff from when you had a leak?

the best way I know to find a phantom leak is to clean and degrease the hell out of the engine... drive around the block and then throw baby powder on the engine. Wherever the seep is will light up like a crimmus tree.

Is there any chance the oil you're seeing now is residual runoff from when you had a leak?

the best way I know to find a phantom leak is to clean and degrease the hell out of the engine... drive around the block and then throw baby powder on the engine. Wherever the seep is will light up like a crimmus tree.
nope I can actually tell on the dipstick that im losing oil

Holy crap. That's a flood then.

If it's leaking enough to show on the stick, underhood windage is most likely blowing oil all over the place.

the best way I know to find a phantom leak is to clean and degrease the hell out of the engine... drive around the block and then throw baby powder on the engine. Wherever the seep is will light up like a crimmus tree.[/quote

Thissss...∆∆∆
I always used athlete's foot spray.easier to control.

i usually do this w fat chiks then look for the wet spot :D

id say degrease get under and look. even have it running while its up in the air.. i think that will be the only way to tell

Remove the flywheel/toque converter inspection cover and see if any oil is present inside the cover to indicate the rear end seal might be leaking.