Loosing boost

eddc87

I love 60 ft.
Has anybody ever experienced this situation? While at the track, running 23-24# of boost, I will loose 3 to 4# of boost by the time I reach the finish line. Everythine is fine until I reach about half way through third gear then it starts to drop off. I have had three different turbos (all stock) with three different size waste gate holes. One with a 1" hole, one with a .930 hole, and one with a stock size hole. Size of this hole made no difference. I have a heavy duty waste gate actuator and stock. This had no effect. I have an external bleeder valve (Granger) that seems to be working fine. I have had two different intercoolers (both with big necks) and this didn't help. Most people will have boost creap with this set up but not me. Please help as I have had this problem for 3 years.:confused:

I am trying to figure out a similar problem myself. Everytime I get into 3rd gear at WOT my car seems to loose boost and performance. Have you ruled out the detonation angle?? Maybe you could be backing out a ton of timing??

I get knock on the 2-3 shift only. Then back to 0 immediately. I have even had chips ( Joe Lubrant) that have had 150% knock recovery, so in at least in my situation that doesn't seem to be the problem. I hope we can get this thing resolved.