Header recommendation

modular46

Looking to upgrade from the stock header setup. I have an internal wastegate with a stock style 3 bolt turbo flange. Looking to run 30 pounds of boost with a 64-66 turbo. I'd rather not have to change out the downpipe and convert to external waste gate.

I did an extensive search regimen before settling on the T/A race headers. Their street headers are a notable performance up grade, but the race headers that I settled on are IMHO have the best tube layout regarding flow and tube length of any I have seen. Half inch thick flanges, v band clamps, quality gaskets, and all hardware is included. Search my header posts in that thread for more info.
Some others are pretty and polished, but all stainless headers will turn purple/ mauve once in service. Why pay for pretty if you are intending on actually starting the car?
TIMINATOR

Looking to upgrade from the stock header setup. I have an internal wastegate with a stock style 3 bolt turbo flange. Looking to run 30 pounds of boost with a 64-66 turbo. I'd rather not have to change out the downpipe and convert to external waste gate.
Ta race headers and external gate with co2 and a good controller.
Keep the 3 Inch downpipe.

If you don't have the turbo already, take a look at the HPT 6466 that Full Throttle Speed sells. It has the external gate flange on the housing and you can keep your downpipe and stock headers.
1671819869069.png

I like the turbosmart and boostleash stuff.
Electronic all the way
I have a Turbosmart in place and tried to use it. (still there)

I'm a digital alien and I just can't get it to work for me. Always afraid I didn't get it set up right and I'm going to blow something up because I don't understand duty cycle vs boost setting or vice versa.

I went back to a Hallman, no more worries for me. Set it and forget it.

I'm a digital alien and I just can't get it to work for me. Always afraid I didn't get it set up right and I'm going to blow something up because I don't understand duty cycle vs boost setting or vice versa.

All you need to do is following the Instructions on the pdf and go play
Start small and work your way up.
Test test and test.
That's the fun part getting your combo to work😉
I would be more than willing to help you if you need

There is no duty cycle
Its dome pressure to increase boost pressure and you can see how the turbo system is actually working.
These are key points in making power.
There is a reason why guys go 10 seconds and others go 8 seconds on the same parts😉