loosen patience fast

carkicker

rumspringer
hey,im not really gona kick this thing,but i bought a gn last oct.,& it is startin to really irratate me .it keep stallin out ,then it runs fine,then it does it some more.it was blowin fuel pump fuses,so i replaced it,now its worse.my racn budy put hot wire kit on it,doesn seem to help any.car sat 4 really long time.any help would be like,well it would b-day present....the big 5 0ooh 2day.thats 50trips @ the sun son...how bout it ,i kno 1 u guys has some idea. whats up with this ride

MAF TEST.

Car running, tap on the MAF sensor with the handle end of a screwdriver. If it stumbles then you need a MAF...

THEN go buy a scanning device such as a Scanmaster or a Powerlogger, or both.

IAC might also be the culprit.

fuses don't blow themselves.

I would replace the fuel pump and inspect the wiring (mice chew on wires)

Bob

It's going to be expensive, whatever it is. Get a scanmaster and a voltmeter. Verify the injectors and chip match, then drop the tank, inspect all wiring and ohm out the coils etc, etc, all the stuff you can do yourself saves money. Ever owned a boat? It' like a boat. Break-Out-Another-Thousand. I'm a few beers deep, and got a busted Buick in the garage, its not so bad, they like to be on jackstands from time to time. Gotta have a spare maf, or step up to a LT/LS1 maf and translator. Once you pull codes you'll know more.

Hummmmmmmmmmm

You remind me of someone.. Do you get alot of phone calls? If not welcome to the board ..

If it was ez, everyone would have an old car. All the advice is good stuff, and the up side is you are sure to break more stuff as you work on it. Old plastic is brittle. I good friend with a similar setup and free time might be willing to bring his/hers over and you could swap some of their known good parts to see if yours are bad. That is one of the reason some people with a larger budget have more than one of these cars.

Best part is you will probably learn some things along the way. These guys didn't read this knowledge in some book, they lived it with blood, sweat and tears to keep theirs running.

Any more info on the car? Is it all stock? Could be a worn cam or clogged injectors or a number of things. A scanmaster should point you in the right direction though. It's a wise investment at this point.

Im sorry

Carkicker for not giving you the welcome you deserve . But we have had a problem with someone else . And when you came on it was close to when he was banned so .. Welcome to the board & happy hunting ..

we understand.dont sweat the small stuf...we ended up finding the problem with car.turns out the previous owner,for whatever reason,pealed the factory plastic armor off ,directly above the steering column,to tap into the purple starter wire,and did a piss poor job of protecting,and positioning the harness,so the wires were rubbing the steering column,so when we would drive around,eventually it would short and ground out...it only took a couple hours of tracing wire to find it.i did spend a little bit of doe,replacing the ignition module,before i got done guessing what was wrong.it needed that anyway,the origional was 80,000 miles old,and it does run a hell of alot better.its pdq,for stock.i suspect there are some mods. that we are not aware of yet ,done to the car.so far,we have replaced the origional fuel pump with a walbro255,hot wired it,changed all fluids & filters,new front brakes & rotors,put a sound system in,with 7" screen w/2x12" subs.w/fosgate mosfet amp...and i kno just @ where every wire in the harness is coming or going to.i see what all the fuss is @ now.we had a great time working on all that stuff,and looking forward to whats next....guages!,after that we"ll be back with more questions for the braintrust here @ tb.thanks guys.