Need some help!!!!!

baaadgn

Hey guy's looking for some help from Buick guy's in the Chicagoland area. what I'm looking for is someone I can pay to change my valve springs. Here's some info, My GN sat for 10 years and my son and I decided to put it back in shape, so we changed gas tank, fuel lines, rear tires, bought a new intercooler, fuel pump, hot wire kit, scanmaster and some other parts. Most is done but gas gauge not working and we'll try and figure out whats wrong there. Was told to change valve springs as sat to long and put in new cam. Have springs and will have to put cam on back burner re funds. My issue is I was in a bad car accident last Feb 2012, broke back, knee etc. While working on that found I had a bad aneurysm and was operated on last May and back operation on hold, then learned I had swollen lymph nodes, told to watch them. When checked on in Dec I learned lymph nodes doubled in size. In the beginning of 2013 I was told I have Stage Four Lung Cancer. N
o cure but started kemo treatments. I'm lucky as they have gotten smaller but could only finish 4 of the 6 treatments because of how sick I get. I lost 60 lbs in 4 months and am real weak and have little stamina and can not really take this on..
As it turn's out I'm lucky as without the accident I wouldn't have known about my other problems, if you can call that lucky. The car is sitting in my garage in Chicago Heights and I'm hoping to find someone to change the springs and we'll try and finish the rest. I'm 69 and no longer working so funds are limited but I have $100-$200 for someone to help me with this, if this is not enough please let me know!
Note flexible on when you can work on it as unfortunately I'm home all the time.
If interested please contact me at bickki@aol.com or 708 754 6239.

The "issue" of weak valve springs in a turbo Buick is overrated in most cases, and usually it is a waste of time and $$$ for what is achieved?

The worst that will happen is that engine performance is lacking above 4000 RPM, and for a stock GN it should not be there often in a 25 year old V-6 anyway.

Ed, you will be better served to get your GN running w/o the hassle of changing the valve springs so you can get behind the wheel again, and go out to enjoy life cruising with the GN! :)