Looking to move within the year to Cumberland County PA. lots of questions HELP

I'm close by too, between Harrisburg and Lancaster. I worked in that area for awhile as a Snap-On tech Rep. Carlisle car shows, Maple Grove, and Williams Grove are all close by. Hershey Park, Dutch Wonderland, Knoebels if you have kids.
Thank you Gary. I hadn't thought about Dutch Wonderland in a long time. Don't forget a visit to the Hershey museum if you go to the park. The Hershey's were collectors of many different things and MR Hershey was a big game hunter as well as weapon collector. Just imagine a wall as long as a football field but about 20 feet tall full of guns and other assorted weapons that he collected and used. Very cool place to see.(y)

I love Pa , go there a lot for different things , Hershey Park with family , Carlisle for car events , Harrisburg for the Mecum auction that goes there now , Lancaster to visit Amish country (never met Amish Mafia Lebanon Levi though,LOL ) , PBR at the convention center in Allentown,etc. P.S , don't go there to live in Allentown , alittle to much city/congested for me.

Is there a way to do regular tags with classic ins?

Right now i have regular plates and NO restrictions per DMV, however I do have one restriction per insurance company, that is "pleasure use" only with unlimited miles.
I guess one thing to think about is the emissions test. You're only talking the '68?

Not yet Gary. It's been a rough time since I was at your place last. My father passed, and I've put everything g on the back burner so to speak. I plan on getting the car out and enjoying it this summer. I'll get joined up here shortly.
Sorry to hear that Joel. As soon as this crap weather gets out of hear, jump in the GN and buy me lunch!

For FYI, 74 on down, no emissions. 75 on up and driven less than 5k a year gets an exemption. You pay a small fee but it doesn't need to meet the designated requirements.

This move of mine has been rescheduled for 4 years from anytime soon. (My youngest starts HS next year and is doing real good grades wise and socially, i'd hate to disrupt that.

Anyways I am now focusing on picking up a property NO SMALLER than 5 acres hopefully in that same area or close to it.
Any big deal need to know things about owning a big piece of land?
Things to avoid?
What should i know before buying?

So far on my "Things to avoid" list
1- Private community's
2-

Last edited:
This move of mine has been rescheduled for 4 years from anytime soon. (My youngest starts HS next year and is doing real good grades wise and socially, i'd hate to disrupt that.

Anyways I am now focusing on picking up a property NO SMALLER than 5 acres hopefully in that same area or close to it.
Any big deal need to know things about owning a big piece of land?
Things to avoid?
What should i know before buying?

So far on my "Things to avoid" list
1- Private community's
2-
anyone?

Check the property taxes before you decide on a location. They vary greatly by school district.

Almost like you want to get rid of me lol
I have been on Zillow for the last two weeks, and it is amazing the properties how much you get for the dollar compared to Nassau County, and my tax bill would be about a 1/4 or less of what I am paying now. I am paying $10k a year for a 40 X 100 lot.
You just looking to get out of NY ?? $10k here too , but I'm on 12 acres & 3200 sqft ranch .