looking to install wideband but have some questions

robztheman

I hope I am posting this in the correct place.
I am looking to get a wideband oxygen sensor and I am not sure if I can just install it in the current bung? I have Turbolink and a Scanmaster but can I wire the wide band to work on the stock ECM , Scanmaster and Turbolink ? Should I just weld a new O2 bung and get a gauge ? Another option is I know someone selling a LM-2 setup with O2 sensor and new bung.
Thanks
Rob

Stock location is too hot for a WB...On the dp, close to the firewall area, would be better.

Great thank you. Will a wideband work with the Ecm/turbolink and scanmaster ? Or should I just run them separate? My thinking was that the wideband would either make them work better or not at all. I was thinking the turbolink will work, the ecm wont and I am not sure about the scanmaster.​

Great thank you. Will a wideband work with the Ecm/turbolink and scanmaster ? Or should I just run them separate? My thinking was that the wideband would either make them work better or not at all. I was thinking the turbolink will work, the ecm wont and I am not sure about the scanmaster.​

No, a wideband will not interface with the stock ECM, Turbolink or Scanmaster in your present configuration. You would have to buy a standalone wideband with it's own gauge.

OR

You could ditch that 20 year old scantool (turbolink), and get into something far more modern like Powerlogger, whick would accept a wideband input, AND with powerlogger you would get a chip to upgrade your Scanmaster (if it isn't too old that is) to also read the wideband.

No, a wideband will not interface with the stock ECM, Turbolink or Scanmaster in your present configuration. You would have to buy a standalone wideband with it's own gauge.

OR

You could ditch that 20 year old scantool (turbolink), and get into something far more modern like Powerlogger, whick would accept a wideband input, AND with powerlogger you would get a chip to upgrade your Scanmaster (if it isn't too old that is) to also read the wideband.

OK Thanks.. That is the answer I was looking for .