Looking for some research assistance / advice on convertors.

fireberd350

I just bought an 87GN (sold my 84) and I'm pretty sure the trans is going to need some work (its all stock). I know nothing about transmissions and torque converters though. I checked the vendors websites (CK, PTS, etc) and some other resources but can't find any good explanations to help me figure out what I need.

Mods are TE-44, 009's, DuttNeck I/C, Hotwired340, THDP.

I'm looking for some info I can read up to gain some knowledge on the subject. I'm also open to any suggestions. I don't plan on doing any more performance mods (possibly alky). I'm looking for something that is street friendly too w/ a FIRM shift.

How much would a rebuild w/ converter cost on average?

Lastly, I'm ordering a TT Chip and it asks about the TC. I'd hate to order the chip setup for a stock TC only to get the trans done and have to order another chip next year. What kind of impact would this have on the chip? Would I need to order a new one when/if I change convertors?

Thanks! Steve.

Call dusty for a convertor. His PTC convertors rock!!!

PM him on here for his # his screen name is Dust Bradford

Call dusty for a convertor. His PTC convertors rock!!!

PM him on here for his # his screen name is Dust Bradford

I agree but it is Dusty Bradford.
He is good peeps@!!!

Thx for the PM Dusty. I didn't realize the TC's were so much. Throw in the cost of a trans rebuild/stiffening and I figure I need to start saving my pennies :) We'll be in touch. Steve M.

Your welcome. A rebuild on a 200r and new converter will easily gobble up a lot of $$$. Be glad you don't need a racing spec converter with hand made internals....they're 2x the price. Good luck

trans and converter pro

Call Lonnie at Extreme Automatics 937-379-2233. He is the tran and converter pro and will point you in the right direction.

turbo tom

trans and converter pro

Call Lonnie at Extreme Automatics 937-379-2233. He is the trans and converter pro and will point you in the right direction.

turbo tom