Looking for some help with my setup

huntsg

Let me start by saying I am not a car audio file and I could use some help with the basic setup of my system. Here are my components:

Kenwood KDC-BT645U Head Unit
Xtant 404m Amplifier in the trunk mounted to sub box
MB Quart 12" Subwoofer in the trunk
Boston Acoustics Rally RC51 Speakers which include Two RC51LF 5 1/4 Inch Woofers in the doors, Two Neo2r 1-inch Tweeters on the dash and Two RC51x Crossovers
Two Pioneer 6x9 speakers on the rear deck

Here is my question. What is the best way to hook all this up? Currently I have it set up as follows. I have the Rear Output and Sub Output of the Kenwood (RCA jacks) going to the Xtant inputs (RCA jacks). The Xtant has front and rear speaker outputs that I have the MB Quart Sub (front) and the Pioneer 6x9s (rear) hooked to. Finally I have the Boston Acoustics connected to the front speaker output (not the RCA jack Front Output, but speaker output) of the Kenwood with the Crossovers inline to separate the Frequencies between the woofers and tweeters. Therefore, the Amp is driving the sub and rears and the head unit is driving the fronts (doors and dash). It sounds pretty good, but I’m wondering if I should have the fronts going through the Amp too? If so, how do I tie in the sub since it only has front and rear channel inputs and front and rear speaker outputs? I hope all this makes sense. Thanks for the help.

I would have hooked up the fronts the amp and put the 6x9s to the deck speaker outputs to bring the sound up front. You can also consider hooking up the components and the 6x9's in parallel off the same front amp outputs. be careful as the 6x9's will play lower than the front components, so you need to up the high pass crossover points going into the amp (or out of the amp) to above 80hz or more.