Looking for rear suspension ideas, round 3!

Trannyman95

I don't see this brought up much, just replacing parts but not much talk about setup.

I used to have Southside lower lift bars and adjustable uppers and my car (86 Cutlass w 8.5" rear) and running low 12s it hooked great BUT discovered the front control arm brackets ripped off the frame so I repaired and braced them, then ditched the lift bars and put UMI double adjustable lowers on the car. Currently it has the Full Throttle rear sway bar and bags but will be swapping it out with an HR bar. The lift bars put the instant center more in check, but now that I took them off I am back to stock and about ready to get back to the track hopefully a time or two before the season is over this year. I know for a long while on here it seemed the lift bars were a big no-no but seems a few have been running them again. Then the relocation brackets for the front of the uppers came about but can't seem to find info on them anymore.

Before I start buying and changing parts again I would like some input. The goal with the car is going to be running in the 12.0 down to 11.5 range, probably no more than that at least for a long time and it will have MT ET Street Radials as they worked great for me before. I like to drive it and put miles on it and play in the corners also so not looking for a strictly straight line setup just some direction that will improve over stock geometry and what parts are available. Thanks as always

I'm using the Spohn arms w/ the Del Sphere swivel ends on both upper and lower arms, along w/ a upper chassis mount w/ multiple holes. The axle hsg mount, [lower] has multiple holes, also.
Haven't put the HP to it yet, so.....
Shocks are Viking doubles w, stock springs on the rear, and Morosos on the ft.

For your goals[], I think good adj shocks, and adj upper arms, ditch the bags, add the HR bar, you'd be gtg...

Go to baselinesuspension.com and look at the parts Kevin offers. It will allow you to change the IC without causing damage to the frame.;) He's also got calculators to help you figure out your IC and set it up.:cool:

I have the baseline suspension adjustable uppers with relocation bracket and UMI boxed lowers. Stock rear sway bar. Uppers haver spherical rod ends in the front and poly bushings in the axle housing. Lowers have poly bushings in both front and rear. Stock replacemant Bilstein shocks and Moog 5413 springs. Made a new personal best 60 foot of 1.62 on MT ET streets 255/50/16 tires at the ford vs buick event last weekend.

Thanks guys! Charlie- that is exactly what I was looking for and couldn't recall the name of the company that made those.

I already have adjustable uppers and just put new rod ends in last fall- and also have poly bushings in the upper rearend housing. With the SSM Lift bars I was cutting 1.62-1.65 60's with 275/50/15 MT ET Street radials. I have GTA wheels on the car now and will be using the 255/50/16s in hopes to achieve the same. The torque converter in the car now has a bit lower torque multiplication than what I used to have, and I also dropped rear gear from 3.73 to 3.23 for more road trip friendly noise and rpms but I may switch back as my 60's dropped into the low to mid 1.7s and the car is mainly driven around town now.

Go to baselinesuspension.com and look at the parts Kevin offers. It will allow you to change the IC without causing damage to the frame.;) He's also got calculators to help you figure out your IC and set it up.:cool:

Any more info on the parts you're referring to Charlie? The site you referenced has been down since I first looked a couple of months ago. Thanks.