Looking for Mint Stage II

Theres a guy here local-ish with a Stage 1 block'ed engine that would fit the bill for what you want. I think he's priced a little high but probably would come down. Casper or Sydwyndr can put you in touch with the guy if youre interested.

Jack Cotton has a virgin on-center Stage II block. He might sell it.
Conrad

Word has kinda leaked out that I'm on the hunt for a Stage II as well...but my standards aren't as high. I just want it to have A/C :biggrin:

How much are you guys looking to spend. That may help you attract possible sellers.

I think SRT8 would agree with me on this (not to hijack)...but you get what you pay for.
It's kinda hard to expect alot out of a $16,000 Stage II --- unless they are in a bad bind, or it's a total $hit bomb.

Erik

Mine might be up for sale later, It is not a stage 2 car but I don't think you would ever find a better looking or riding car, It had 6,000 miles on it when I got it, The guy got it here in town and it has been a weekend drag car about it whole life, The guy that got it new was about the pickiest guy I ever seen, It has maybe 10,000 miles on it now, Has the original paint that will knock you down, I have never seen one that nice, Not a ding or scratch or anything, Never a spot of rust anyplace, I took it to to the Buick show they had at Indy to talk to Cotton about getting the best turbo and he said he liked the B.B. 66 so I had him put it on and when I was there a paint-less dent remover was there and seen my car and said he has been from Fla. to Canada and never seen one as clean, He told me to take it over to the GM tent and park beside the GNX they had, It was a lot nicer than what GM had at the show, The head liner is as tight as it was when new, It looks brand new inside and out, Still has the plastic on the dash from the factor, Has a lot of the stock parts that was put back when the car was new like the wheels and other parts, I run it three times last year but the Tranny was old school a art car no lock and it wasn't shifting right and on pump gas and a alky kit on 19 pounds of boost it run 10.91 10.93 10.90 at 125, I had the tranny rebuilt with the best parts you can get and a PI 5 disk lockup, You can tell it is stronger and will just melt the rear tires, The chip is for 24-26 psi, On the way to the track it got around 21-22 mpg with the ac on the guy that was driving it said, I had the engine gone through with the best parts that you can get and a griddle, They are a lot more but you get the ideal, Oh here is a burnout at the track
http://www.youtube.com/user/Dragons25th#p/a/u/1/w0zcTzpF8BM

Attachments

• DSC00001.jpg
    DSC00001.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 703
  • DSC00002.jpg
    DSC00002.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 687
  • Jessie & Grand National.jpg
    Jessie & Grand National.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 689
  • Grand National.jpg
    Grand National.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 684
I wanted to bring back a thread I started a couple of weeks ago.
Are there any more stage II 87 Gn's that maybe for sale? Only one so far has met what I am looking for, and it is currently not for sale.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would say it would be best to post a price range. Many of us Stage 2 guys really would never sell our cars. And the majority of us have $50-$75K into our cars. There are many different variations of them from street cars to drag cars to Pro-Toured cars, etc. If you gave a price range, some of us may think twice because money is always nice to have in a tough economy. And some of us dont mind building more cars. When it comes to a Stage 2 car, it's all about money!;)

Let me see if I can answer this without offending anyone.
There are currently a couple of stage II's for sale which I would not consider mint. They look to be built well, and are priced I believe around $30,000.
Not sure if they have sold, but a couple of people commented that the price was a little high at this point taken into consideration the current economy.

Also, with performance cars you generally do not get more money out of the cars when you modify. On that note, if the car is well built and low mileage, I would think that a number around $30,000 to $40,000. Again, I do not intend to insult anyone with the above.

Opinions?

I wouldnt take that offensively what so ever! I actually agree with you. You'll never sell your car for what you have into it. On the other hand, Stage cars are a whole different ball game. I personally wouldnt sell my car for $40k but there are quite a few nice cars out there that could be snatched up for that price range. The low milegage thing is something you are going to want to get past, you have to realize on the nicer cars, every mechanical parts has been changed, modded, re-furbished. That goes for the body as well. I have 86K miles on my car, maybe 87K not too sure but somewhere around there but every single nut and bolt has been gone through, etc. In my opinion, you should be able to find a hell of a nice Stage 2 car for $40K. It's just going to have to be something that pops up. Are you wanting a cage or no cage? Air conditioning? Cruise control? etc?

How about just building your own? It takes time and money but most of have done it so we have the exact car we want. Money isnt always the biggest issue when it comes to having the car we've always dreamed about.

What I would like in a stage II:

a/c just to keep the stock look
dont care about cruise control
would prefer no cage but seems unlikely since most were built to run at the track

I would probably never track the car. I grew up in an era around the Phila area where there were some really fast GN's for the time and they were street driven. I would not race on the street, but love to have too much if you understand.

What I would like in a stage II:

a/c just to keep the stock look
dont care about cruise control
would prefer no cage but seems unlikely since most were built to run at the track

I would probably never track the car. I grew up in an era around the Phila area where there were some really fast GN's for the time and they were street driven. I would not race on the street, but love to have too much if you understand.

I cover all of those:biggrin: And it will lay down a low 9sec ET. I don't have my car up for sale, but money talks. If you are interested call me 773 -457-5695

Call Jack Cotton. Find a really nice stock GN for $15,000 and send it to Jack. He has a virgin 4.1 Stage II block that he can get RPE to build for you. Engine build should be $10-15k including the block. Or, you could get an all aluminum TA block and get RPE to buiild it. Add a strong tranny, beef up rear end, nice suspension and wheels/tires and you will be spending $40,000 total!
Conrad

More realistic

Please be more realistic with the numbers. A GN that would qualify as mint would be $20,000 or maybe a little more. To build a virgin complete stage II is $25,000 from oil pan to intake. The plumbing, fuel system, exhaust, turbo, computer, trans, rear end, suspension and other misc. will be another $20,000 quickly. That is $65,000 and that is probably low. If you budget $40,000 you'll have a really bad experience IMO.