Looking for help in Central FL area

CL87

Looking for some help in the Central Florida area. My GN had a short block rebuild and GN1 head work done at KDK Performance in Orlando. When I got it all back in the car it makes a noise like an exhaust leak, but it is not an exhuast leak under load. It will not do it with just normal driving or under foot break load, so it is a hard problem to track down. I checked everything I could think of checking and I have not been able to find the issue. I took it back to KDK and they look at it on the Dyno and they did not know what the noise was and really did not know what to check. They did some dyno runs and a tune and said that the engine was not knocking and running good. It made good power @ 517 rwhp. They were very friendly people, but the noise is driving me crazy because it is just not right and I don't want to break something right after spending a lot of money to have a rebuild done professionally.

I am looking for someone else that has experience with high performance GN's to take a look now. I am looking for someone to tell me what is wrong and not just have a notion or conjecture about what it might be. So if you know someone around central Florida, I will put it on the trailer and have them look at it.

"When I got it all back in the car it makes a noise like an exhaust leak, but it is not an exhuast leak under load. It will not do it with just normal driving or under foot break load, so it is a hard problem to track down."

So, when does it make the noise? Only on the dyno? Only when idling?
Exh leaks are a biatch to find, somethimes. Maybe a smoke test to verify the exh is not the source??

Like Chuck said we need to narrow it down a little better.Is it a hissing, wistling?

If you can take a drive to Melbourne I can take a listen to it. I can not guarantee that Ill find it, but i hate exhaust leaks too and can trackem down pretty good. Bring a friend and you can go to the beach after.

It happens on the road and on the dyno. Not at idle or in netural. It is not a whistle sound. I have good boost pressure. It sound almost like a bad speedometer cable or exhaust leak. You would have to hear it because it is hard to describe in text well.