Looking for GNX

stage1gn

Hi guys , my search is on for a GNX , I follow all the typical places to look for them , including here so my want ad is also for those owners who have contemplated getting rid of theirs .NTM , maybe direct me to one that I have not seen .
I would consider multiple mile and condition cars but would ideally prefer and going to concentrate on one with 5,6k miles to 15k ish miles .Would prefer orig paint cars ,documents,etc.
Not getting to picky,but I am on the east coast so one in New England would be a more serious inspection/possible purchase .
Everyone has a budget as so do I , but let me know what you have as the whole picture of the car could factor where my budget can/will go .
It's worth a shot , tell me what you have !!! Thank you , Paul .

Last edited:
On facebook there was one for 65k I believe. Had under 20k miles. Its either under turbo Buick owners of face book or gn/type central. This was maybe within this month. Gl

In my recent search of all the X's currently out there and or available , I am surprised the mix of them that have or do not have certain things . More than half I have scoped out are missing the jacket , the window sticker has been a 50/50 mix , but a higher percentage even if missing jacket or WS do have some of the ASC paperwork .There are a few that have everything though .Also most of them have a book , numbered or the generic .
The one big surprise of one I found that is a low mile car , 5k miles ,orig paint/tires/exhaust and looks like a very nice car , the guy is the 2nd owner , owned it since 1990 , has no jacket , no book , no window sticker , no ASC stuff .Just has warranty book , Delco radio book , owners manual .Upon speaking with him , he has had no idea there was supposed to be a jacket and book ? For such a example of an X to have , it is sad that all that stuff is missing .
I have found 2 different prospects that are pretty nice cars , one has jacket no WS , the other has WS but no jacket .
How would most of you balance that out , what would be most important to most ? I guess I would lean to have the orig WS ,as you can't buy that , as if you have to have a jacket to make your mindset complete , I guess you can dish out the cost for one , ....... when one would come up for sale .

Here are my thoughts. First and foremost make sure you are buying a real gnx, buy the one that you think meets the criteria of car you are looking for ,as well as mileage and number of owners ,if that has an effect on your decision as well. Asc paperwork can be bought as not all were to a numbered car but generic to all gnx's. Window sticker is a plus but one can be reproduced from Kirban's and are specific to the car when certain info is provided to them. As far as a jacket, they are out there for sale as not all orig owners ordered it when new. All turbo regal handbooks were the same other than the gnx supplement that was specific to the car, originals are also up for sale periodically. I owned #192 and had a lot of extras that I kept for when I buy another like the jacket owners manual supplement and asc paperwork, jacket is still in the orig Molly Designs box with the label still affixed to it. I had 2 jackets and kept one. I hope this helps you in finding a gnx that's right for you

Last year a friend tracked down a gnx that had super low miles and had the jaxket and all paperwork. It was an old lady who's husband died and her and her son were contemplating selling it. I wish I still had the ladies number and 80k

Thanks Nick , contacted Kirban yesterday , they no longer do window stickers . What I am also finding , is that a lot of these X's for sale have had 4,5 + owners . I don't care about that as they are 27 years old , and many owners after owning for a short period , probably got the " I own a GNX" out of their system and sent it off to the next owner . Would it be nice to have minimal owners , goes without saying , of course , but it won't sway me from a purchase if the car as you say , meets my criteria .

Out of the items listed, I would prefer to have the window sticker specific to the car as that will be tough to acquire. You can always get a jacket if you want to spend an extra $1500 for one and the other items mentioned are easier to come by than the window sticker would be.

In the end though, it all depends on the specific car. Certainly a "perfect" car would not be passed upon just because I lacked a window sticker or any of the other items as the car itself is the most important thing and all of the other items, while nice and certainly add value to the car, would have to be considered second to the car itself.

Hi Mark , thanks , but a clone is not for me , has to be the real deal . Going to see one this weekend , could be the one .

Found and bought one, search is over !!!!!

I'm guessing it came from connecticut.
I saw the ad for the car about an hour ago, just saw your post ,went back to look for the ad and the ad is gone. (y)
looked like a nice car. Congrats.

I'm guessing it came from connecticut.
I saw the ad for the car about an hour ago, just saw your post ,went back to look for the ad and the ad is gone. (y)
looked like a nice car. Congrats.
You are right about it being from Connecticut , but it is not the one you are thinking of . The one you are thinking of is from Napoli Classics , with 23k miles , had blown out bumper fillers when he first got it,dirty underneath that he spray bomb restored , and has tons of after market stuff under hood , GNX #406 , and had advertised at $75k .
He has been scooping up GN's lately and has dived into the market full steam and ended up getting an X of his own to sell (which was orig from Ct as well)
Unknown to him , the X I bought was literally 1/2 mile from his place !!!!!

You are right about it being from Connecticut , but it is not the one you are thinking of . The one you are thinking of is from Napoli Classics , with 23k miles , had blown out bumper fillers when he first got it,dirty underneath that he spray bomb restored , and has tons of after market stuff under hood , GNX #406 , and had advertised at $75k .
He has been scooping up GN's lately and has dived into the market full steam and ended up getting an X of his own to sell (which was orig from Ct as well)
Unknown to him , the X I bought was literally 1/2 mile from his place !!!!!

Yes, that is the one i was talking about, i saw the ad earlier today, but now it's gone, the ad may have may have just expired.
Anyway congrats on finding the one you did buy, It's always nice when you find it close by.