Looking for American muscle hangouts in Tampa/Clearwater/Palm Harbor area>

GNnPH

New to area and looking for some good hangouts for car buffs- now I don't have the GN... YET ( been looking for almost six or seven months now, test drove a few but they weren't the right ones- willing to swap or work somethin out $ wise) I found a good deal on a 98 Trans Am ram air so its not like I'd be rolling up with a huge fart can and stickers all over <G>.

Anways, if anybody could point me in the direction of a clean GN I'd definetely be interested in talkin' to see what we could work out. And in the mean time hangin' with a few of ya to get an early jump on the tuning secrets would be great also.

Thanks, Todd

Hey Todd, every saturday night at Burger King on U.S. 19 and 110th ave. there is a good car show. Seems to be a few GN's there. I will be there with mine this sat.the 24th. Best time to get there is around 7:00/ 7:30. Look for us.
Tom

BRADENTON FIRDAY 8/23!?

if you want to see some GN's, then come to Bradenton Motorsports Park This friday (08/23) (Take I-75 south to St. Rd. 64 EAST, and keep going until you see the track!) - It's the club 1320 street racing and its $8 spec/race! 8PM to 2AM.

Myself, and another individual with a pretty damn quick T will be there.

Hey Tom

Thanks for the quick reply and location. Unfortunately the NFL decided to schedule the game sat pm so I'll be at Raymond James watching Chucky hopefully tear up the Skin's. Although its still a meaningless pre-season game we may head out early, game starts around 8:30 I think. Probably be in buddies 02 Vette conv unless its raining, then we'll be in my Blk Trans Am.

I'm assuming its a weekly thing, at least I hope so I can check it out next week if I don't make it this time.

Todd

Hey Jason

Thanks for the info. Actually made it out there about a month ago, talked to a few guys at the Dyno day (bunch of F-bodys) and they told me about the track. Went and checked it out, was pretty impressed although the Rice was out in full force. I must of missed you or somethin, didn't see any buicks runnin' and only a few Ls1's so I didn't stay long. If the weather cooperates I'll most likely go check it out again. I can spot the GN a mile away so it won't be difficult to find ya <G>.

Take it easy, Todd

Todd, I don't know what your price range is, however I do have a nice white T-Type for sale, the ad went in the trader on Friday. I am lazy and don't feel like typing the details out, so im going to paste a previous ad of it in here:

1987 T-Type retired show car. This car is near perfect and has been garaged all of it's life(original clean Florida title). Should run low 11's/high 10's while being 100% streetable! It has pwr. everything with cold A/C. This car has a TON of upgrades, here is the list: PAINT: White with a hint of blue pearl in the clearcoat. (Very nice!) WHEELS/TIRES: Brand new Weld Prostar rims with Mickey Thompson 26x12.5x15 tires. ENGINE: Bored .030 over, Balanced, Blueprinted, and Completely rebuilt with 8k miles. Ported & Polished throttle body intake & heads w/bigger valves. 3in. Chrome MAF pipe, ATR Cold Air system, 42.5LB injectors. With ATR 7th injector system, Walbro 340M fuel pump. 3in. Terry Houston downpipe w/adj. wastegate. TE44 Turbo. Adj. torque strap, High volume oil pump. Adj. fuel pressure regulator and fuel pressure gauge. CHIP: Red Armstrong custom burnt chip. INTERCOOLER: Precision Frontmount Intercooler ($1300!) TRANSMISSION: New high performance trans. with shift kit and 2800 stall torque converter. New trans/oil cooler. SUSPENSION: Metco Adjustable billet aluminum lower control arms. EXHAUST: Brand new ATR SS 2.5 inch exhaust system all the way back with polished dual tips. Unbelievable sound! GUAGES AND MISC: Autometer boost guage on a-pillar, Custom torque converter lock-up switch on dash, Twin guage on console with VDO oil pressure and water temp, Audible detonation detector, New trunk kit with rear seat braces, Custom embroidered floor mats, CD player with equalizer (w/Concert Sound II) I could go on and on with the car, but hopefully you get the idea as to what kind of money and quality parts went into this one of a kind car.

I am asking $15,000 and I am located in Palm Harbor.
My e-mail is dcc2003@tampabay.rr.com

GNnPH

I'll be at the Bucs game Sat. night and depending on what time I get out of work I might drive my GN over to the game. I always park and tailgate off of Tampa Bay rd. in lot 12 right next to the police station, can't miss it.

Sinful

If this is the same T-type I seen a few months back while heading out of Blockbuster on Enterprise and McMullen I bout' broke my neck checkin' it out <G>. Definetely one of the cleanest Regals I'd seen. Unfortunately I still have to save some for a beater to drive everyday so was trying to stay around the 10k-12k range.
I doubt you'll have much trouble selling it for that price, best of luck.

Six Appeal

I don't think I've ever been excited for a pre-season game besides the first one just because it means we're that much closer to regular season- but this game sat should be pretty good. 1st string supposedly playing all of first half. Skins avg.'ing like 37 points a game- Buc's D giving up zero touchdowns.

Can't recall which parking lot we're at, same side as the ship whichever one that is. I'll try and keep an eye out for that section though, love to see the car and what you've done. I'd be a nervous wreck leaving the GN out there, worried about that one jealous drunk who comes by with a key to do his art work on the paint. Happend to my Bro's brand new Lightining, ever since then I said no way. But, being in the police station parking lot I'm sure has its advantages though <G>. GO BUCS!

Thanks for the compliment, if you know of anyone else in the market for one, I would really appreciate a referral ;) and tell 'em I have pics!

,Thanks -DC

GNnPH

I'm not really nervous about bringing the GN out to the tailgate/games because I rarely am the one who drives out there. Usually I catch a ride and caravan with some of my buddies so I don't have to drive, plus we usually get there real early before most people are there and If I happen to drive the GN I can park it and block it off and surround it with my other buddies cars. Also, the paint job is a bit faded so the car doesn't really stand out and theres alot of better cars out there if someone is complelled enough to start scratching paint jobs.

Plus parking right next to the police station helps cut down on peoples behaviors. What worries me is after the game when everyone is leaving and most people are a little liquored up, thats the scary part, but I solved that problem by tailgating after the games for a couple of hours to make sure everyone has left.

Lot 12 is located across the street from Hills. Community College and our spot is right next to the police station, we've had that spot for the last 4-5 years now. But like I said if I can manage to get out of work early I'll ride with my buddies, if I cant get off early I'm gonna drive the GN there.

If your looking for a TR look in the classified sections of the newspaper theres usually one in there, or goto autotrader.com

BUCS GAME SAT 8/24

I work at Century Buick (MLK & Dale Mabry , northeast corner of stadium). If anyone going to the game needs a secure place to park their gn or classic Buick, call me for a pass. We have sheriff deputies who watch the lot before and after game. I drive a '98 regal "gsx" with a 3.4" pulley,thrasher cai, random tech hi-flow cat w/ u-bend removed, Mecham exuast, 180 deg. stat, 18" chrome Niche wheels w/ 245/45/18 michelins, all regal & gs badging replaced w/ gsx from a '70 gsx, the whole engine compartment is custom carbon fiber. I would like to meet some local buick enthusiasts.

Todd Thompson
(813) 872-7746

98 GSX

Thanks for the offer but I've got a parking pass for the season. Plus I don't think your boss would appreciate our all day/night tailgate activities. :)

I think it would be great if a bunch of Buick enthusiasts from around Tampa Bay and surrounding areas would get together some time. Maybe someone should try to organize something.

Guys, I'm trying to set up something for us Tampa area GN -Buick- owners. Anyone interested. The meeting place would be something to consider. I know there are a few (5) up in Pasco that would come south into Tampa and 1 maybe in Hernando!

Talk to Red Regal T, he's planing a meeting in Largo (see other thread in Florida Area), we could meet up there, this saturday.

This Saturday is the Orlando Club meeting. I will be there. But I am trying to start up a Tampa area club that could meet on the following Saturday. We have about 5 GN owners in Pasco alone that are willing. Anyone else?