looking for mechanic in kc / kansas area

Hause

I bought my 85 GN bone stock in 1996. It didn't take too long before I realized the engine needed rebuilt. I decided to take the modified route. The list of mods include:
.030 over forged pistons in stock block
Polished and ported champion iron heads
Polished and ported champion matched 85 intake
Lee Thompson modified headers and 3" down pipe
External waste gate mounted in crossover pipe
ATR front mount intercooler
30 lb injectors (yes I know they are a bit small)
Gsca 200/200 club cam
Gsca 2900 red stripe convertor
86/87 type 2 coil pack
Stock 85 computer, replaced because original was bad
Kenne bell chip (no idea what program and plan to change)
Limit Engineering ta49 turbo
Ported stock throttle body
Stock MAF

I completed the rebuild many years ago and the car never ran right. The car sat with the intake off for over 10 years. 4 months ago I finally decided to put the engine back together with new lifters from TA. The car is still experiencing the same problems as it did 10+ years ago. The problem is an extreme rough idle that varies from 700 - 1000 rpm. The minimum idle screw is back out completely. I've tried the IAC reset procedure but I can't get the idle to improve. I've checked for vaccum leaks, etc.

I plan to change the injectors and to an 87 ECM with better chip at a later date. I want to get the idle issue corrected before I add any further variables.

It has been a long and exhausting road and I'd like to drive the car. I've tried many things to get it to run right but it seems beyond my abilities. I live in Lawrence Kansas, about 30 min west of Kansas City. Are there any good shops in the area that would be able to help me?

I bought my 85 GN bone stock in 1996. It didn't take too long before I realized the engine needed rebuilt. I decided to take the modified route. The list of mods include:
.030 over forged pistons in stock block
Polished and ported champion iron heads
Polished and ported champion matched 85 intake
Lee Thompson modified headers and 3" down pipe
External waste gate mounted in crossover pipe
ATR front mount intercooler
30 lb injectors (yes I know they are a bit small)
Gsca 200/200 club cam
Gsca 2900 red stripe convertor
86/87 type 2 coil pack
Stock 85 computer, replaced because original was bad
Kenne bell chip (no idea what program and plan to change)
Limit Engineering ta49 turbo
Ported stock throttle body
Stock MAF

I completed the rebuild many years ago and the car never ran right. The car sat with the intake off for over 10 years. 4 months ago I finally decided to put the engine back together with new lifters from TA. The car is still experiencing the same problems as it did 10+ years ago. The problem is an extreme rough idle that varies from 700 - 1000 rpm. The minimum idle screw is back out completely. I've tried the IAC reset procedure but I can't get the idle to improve. I've checked for vaccum leaks, etc.

I plan to change the injectors and to an 87 ECM with better chip at a later date. I want to get the idle issue corrected before I add any further variables.

It has been a long and exhausting road and I'd like to drive the car. I've tried many things to get it to run right but it seems beyond my abilities. I live in Lawrence Kansas, about 30 min west of Kansas City. Are there any good shops in the area that would be able to help me?
Call me, I have a shop here in Blue springs, Grain valley. Bob 816-392-7627

Bob,
Thanks for the reply. A mechinic buddy of mine came over and we made a little more progress. There appears to have been several issues and a few more that we are working through. I may still contact you for help if we can't work through these other issues. Thanks again