Looking for a nice driver 86/87 hardtop Buick in NC/SC

kevinw

Seeking a nice,clean 86/87 GN or T-TYPE, must be a hardtop, in NC/SC area.Dependable for a daily driver, Looking to stay in the $10K range.

I have one in that range/condition in southeast VA,scroll down a few and it should be there.

That's the car for ya . The one that Steve v has . I live in sc and that's the same guy that did my engine and trans . You will be very happy with that car. This guys know what he's doing when it comes to a tr.

bLACK WE4? IN Kings Mountain NC for sale 7500 asking price

Found this on Craigslist......
86 T (Near Charlotte)
Black with black factory rims. Motor has less than 500 miles on it since rebuild. NEW 214/214/roller cam ($1000), ported heads($450), new pistons($500), bored .030 over with machine work of $($1700), NEW 60LB injectors with matching turbotweek chip ($450) new lifters pushrods and to much to list and has a TE49 turbo. They only made 1917 of these, I have two of these and a prostreet camaro, time to sell some toys. Car books at over $20,000. Body on this car is almost perfect and does not need a paint job!!! YOU WILL NEVER BUY ONE THIS CHEAP!! CALL ME ANYTIME AT 704-884-5711. PS- I JUST PUT $7000 IN THE MOTOR. NO TRADES. NO TRADES. NO TRADES. If you want to know something about the car, CALL ME, I will NOT answer emails, I am tired of the stupid questions and comments.

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

thanks evader but I know that car and will have to pass, its been passed around alot.

Oh OK.......

I didnt know the car was a SLUT!! :D. I will keep a lookout for one for you.
Im near Raleigh NC. I looked at the 87 GN near Goldsboro...... She needs ALOT of love. (Not a good daily driver) FYI

I didnt know the car was a SLUT!! :D. I will keep a lookout for one for you.
Im near Raleigh NC. I looked at the 87 GN near Goldsboro...... She needs ALOT of love. (Not a good daily driver) FYI

i'm new to this site and i'm also looking a 86 or 87 GN. do you mind telling about the one you saw near goldsboro? thanks.

Goldsboro

Hello,
I looked at it about 2 weeks ago. Its advertised as 68k? origional miles, Looks more like 168K to me. The man that owns it is a good guy. He is really down to earth. But the car has a pretty bad paint job. Runs, overspray, paint pulling away in places, I only saw 1 small rust bubble behind 1 quarter wheel opening. Inside is "OK"... Faded seats in front. Exahust looks to have wires holding part of it up, Trans shifts really hard. Turbo spools WAY UP. No scanmaster on it. Leaks a pretty good amount of oil when stopped. Its just a little rough around the edges for me. (Would make a good race car). I payed a little less for my T and it is 3X better shape than the GN. As it is I think he wants a little too much. Car looks really good in photos!
But like I said... The guy is a genuine good guy. Good luck.

thanks. we looked at it this afternoon. i agree, really nice guy. he came down to $7000 not sure what price he told you. carfax agrees with what you said about the miles. at this point i'm still looking.

First off let me start by saying I AM THE OWNER OF THIS CAR AND I WANT TO CLARIFY THAT YOU ARE LYING. I have never showed the car to anyone so how do you get off by saying these lies. The car has NO rust, NO bubbles, PERFECT exhaust and has a scanmaster. You my friend are full of **** and you are a slut!!! stop lying about someone else's car when you are to poor to own one yourself. Better yet, why don't you tell me what track you would like to race at where we will both drive our vehicles there and let me show you just how bad it runs, up for a challenege mouth. YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN MY CAR!!! If you are sadly mistaking then it would be best for you to reply with, I am sorry and we both can go on with our lives but I will not have you run your mouth and tell lies about my car. Better yet, I am a bigger man than you , call me anytime at 704-884-5711 so you can see that you don't know my car. This is a daily driver, not a piece of metal ready for the scrap yard. Reguardless, I would love the oportunity to race you at the track of your choice and I will meet you there and show you. If you are wrong please correct your post on here and I will accept your apology, we all make mistakes. It is a shame that it takes people to call me on the phone to tell me that this site even exists, but I felt it necessary to take the time to correct the BAD information that you have passed on to others. I just hope that you are man enough to admit you were thinking of a different car and tell the truth.

I dont think we are talking about the same car.

Hey... The car im talking about does leak oil, Does have a patch of paint comming off the passengers side door (below door handle),Exahust is held up with wire, DOES/DID not have a scanmaster, HAS OLD KEYSTONE STYLE WHEELS, SHIFTS REALLY HARD,. Ya know, from what you described this might not be your car. Yours sounds pretty good. There might be another car in Goldsboro that looks like yours, but not yours. And Yes I did look at that car. And like I said before... That guy was a good guy, down to earth and good hearted. No fun intended but,You are not the guy I talked to. :cool:

>>> 1987 BUICK GRAND NATIONAL TURBO 6 69,704 ORIGINAL MILES $9000 OBO <<< Here is the car that QBALL and myself looked at. Is this your car? If so... then who is the liar? Answer..... you..
Now lets take this line by line on your post...
*1. If you have never shown the car then we are not talking about your car.
*2. This car has a small rust bubble behind drivers rear wheel opening.
*3. Car has a bretty bad repaint with runs/drips, and a spot of paint peeling off just below passengers door handle.
*4. Like I said.. Exahust has wires, and does/did not have a scanmaster installed.
*5. YES.. SOMETIMES I am full of S***!
*6. And I would love to be a slut!
*7. My T is all factory. I hope yours would beat it at a race. (Sorry im not up for destroying my car) I dont think I said anything about how it runs other than spools up.
*8. I am not sadly mistaken, as this is not your car at all we are talking about, You just think it is.
*9. You might be a bigger man than me, Congrats! FYI One of the few reasons I dont have a 89 TTA is that im too big for it. 6'3" tall. (No thats not a threat either, Just fact:cool:) Thats why I bought a 87 T.
*10. Your phone # 704-884-5711 is not the same # I called to see that car (its listed on the cl post)
*11. You said "We all make mistakes" Yes we do.. And today we think you have made a small one.
*12. You said "It is a shame that it takes people to call me on the phone to tell me that this site even exists". (Its hard to believe, but if you have a GN or a T that you do not know this site exists, But I guess it can happen)
*13. You said.. "I just hope that you are man enough to admit you were thinking of a different car and tell the truth." Look one post up:rolleyes:. NOW,,,, I just hope that you are man enough to admit that we were not talking about your car and that you should stay out of conversations that do not concern you before you know all the facts.

And for everyone else... The GN in Goldsboro that is LISTED HERE is not a terrible car, just a little rough around the edges for me. The guy is a great person to deal with. It is not a daily driver for me. At 7k, It may be worth fixing up and driving or a good racecar. I just wanted a "finished" TR. and this was not it for me. So go look at it for yourself if you are looking.
Everyone have a good day!:)

NOTE.. I have JUST realized that you have the car from Kings Mtn. Now I can see the anger. Here is why I called it a "slut". Kevinw said "thanks evader but I know that car and will have to pass, its been passed around alot".Get it?? Slut. That I will take blame for!. Maybe I should not have said something like that. You need to read the whole post from top to bottom. I tried to show him your car to buy. I was trying to help you sell it and him buy it. The Other car was from Goldsboro.. ie.. Not yours!

Evader, don't let it bother you....Obviously, the King's mountain poster came in with a chip on their shoulder and didn't take the time to read the entire thread and realize you weren't dogging on his car.

To the King's Mountain poster....I would suggest you take a breath and read the entire thread over and you'll realize that noone was dogging your car. Kevin mentioned that he's seen it before, likely via a previous owner and never said he saw it while you owned it. Evader was just joking on the 'passed around comment'. In any case, I think you'll find that this community is a wonderful resource for GNs and T-Type Regals. You should go into the new members area and introduce yourself, post a few times, and then list your car in the forsale section. You'll get a lot more traffic from people wanting to buy a GN than posting an ad on Craigslist. Finally, good luck with your sale whatever you decide.

Thanks..

Im not bothered by it.. (Most of the my last post was just joking,, Im full of it!) :biggrin: I just hate being called a liar. I am way to honest for that. But like I said, I can see (A little) his anger by not understanding the post. Its just a misunderstanding. No harm.

Thank you for the response. You all must be pretty good guys!! I had a gentleman call me and let me know about the site and said that he would like to see the car but because of all the doggin' going on he was scared. I have 2 Turbo Buicks and didn't know this site even existed. You all replied MUCH better than I expected and I REALLY appreciate the way you did. Makes me feel about about Turbo Buick owners. As you can tell I do have passion and love for my Buick's and felt it deserved to be defended because it is far from a rag. Once again, thanks for correcting the statements made and you are a scholar and a gentleman......

Not a problem

I finally figured out you did not read the post correctly. By the way... I wanted to see your car but I could not afford the time to drive there from Raleigh, So i bought the one in Mebane/Chapel Hill. (So, yes I can afford one. I paid cash!! This is my 2nd.:eek:) Come on back in here.. There is a pretty good group of Turbo Regal/TTA people here. You made a grand entrance!!
*** AND DONT TELL MY WIFE IM A SLUT ***:eek::biggrin:
Later, James

Since I am the one who strated this thread it is me who is the one looking for a car, so stop the bashing, and arguing, or get married d@&*mmmmmmmmmmm. I appreciate the info on the cars, I did look at the kings mountain car from a previous owner and it not for me, if the moderator of this site would be so kindly to kill this thread so we can start over.

Dont worry

Its cool... We are all friends now. Tread has ended. Good luck with finding a car. ;)