Looking for a combo to run mid 11's

Ant2000

Hey guys,
I've been a fan of the GN for several years. I'm looking for a combo that would put a bone stock 87 GN in the mid 11's and still give me the ability to drive it everyday. Your opinions, suggestions, and recipes would be greatly appreciated.
I'm currently looking for a 87 GN, and not sure what route to take. Buy a stock 87 GN and mod it myself, or buy one already modded. thanks for all your help.

thanks,
Ant2000

scanmaster for tuning - 250
new fuel pump & hotwire - 150
new 60# injectors - 300
turbotweak chip - 75
duttweiler neck on stock innercooler - 100 installed
boost guage - 75
alky kit - 550
drag radials - 300
ta 49 or te44 turbo - 550
valve spings - 100
cold air setup - 125
adjustable fuel regulator

That should get it

Prices are approximates

I would also box the rear lower control arms & add a larger rear swaybar

ES1
That's what im talking about. thanks for the detailed list. I feel like im 18 trying to learn about 5.0 mustangs again. Thanks for all your help.

Ant2000

scanmaster for tuning - 250
new fuel pump & hotwire - 150
new 60# injectors - 300
turbotweak chip - 75
duttweiler neck on stock innercooler - 100 installed
boost guage - 75
alky kit - 550
drag radials - 300
ta 49 or te44 turbo - 550
valve spings - 100
cold air setup - 125

That should get it

Prices are approximates

I would also box the rear lower control arms & add a larger rear swaybar

This is a 11 second setup? I might go this route for my truck stuff...where is a good place to start and any pics of the parts here?

Don't forget an exhaust system $400
and a larger downpipe for $400
Or gutting the converter

The costs just keep adding and adding...;)

Leave the rear 3.42 gears alone! Changing them doesn't magically give it more speed like it does on a V8.

Don't forget an exhaust system $400
and a larger downpipe for $400
Or gutting the converter

The costs just keep adding and adding...;)

Leave the rear 3.42 gears alone! Changing them doesn't magically give it more speed like it does on a V8.

Gutting the convertor what about a 3 inch straight pipe or so? got to remember Im building this in a truck lol so I dont want to get messed with alot and can I get a 3.42 in a posi rearend?

This is a 11 second setup? I might go this route for my truck stuff...where is a good place to start and any pics of the parts here?

This is a mid 11 sec combo ONLY for the most experienced TR owner. A newby TR owner will scatter parts everywhere trying to run mid 11's w/ this combo. Damn, i have so much more to say about this...but i will leave it at this. Don't try to run mid 11's with this combo, esp. w/o any exhaust mods--it ain't gonna happen.

Geoff

P.S.--how can you do a Dutt. neck installed for $100, when the part itself cost about $80---someone gonna install for $20----NO

This is a mid 11 sec combo ONLY for the most experienced TR owner. A newby TR owner will scatter parts everywhere trying to run mid 11's w/ this combo. Damn, i have so much more to say about this...but i will leave it at this. Don't try to run mid 11's with this combo, esp. w/o any exhaust mods--it ain't gonna happen.

Geoff

P.S.--how can you do a Dutt. neck installed for $100, when the part itself cost about $80---someone gonna install for $20----NO

Ok what do you recommend this is going into my truck since exhaust is a vital part please let me know what I need for this to work properly...

scanmaster
new fuel pump & hotwire
60# injectors
RJC power plate
turbotweak chip
boost guage
tach
razor's alky kit
drag radials
te44 or slightly larger turbo used is fine
valve springs
timing chain
cold air or open 9 inch K&N
3 inch downpipe and 3 inch exhaust, test pipe

I also would run a caspers Knock gauge which lights up faster than a scanmaster if you get into

Geoff

I did forget to list the exhaust.
Although UNGN did a test of TH-DP over stock and it was only a 1.5MPH gain.
And you are also correct that you cannot just throw parts on it and get it to run mid 11s.
You could port heads, put a front mount on, larger turbo, and a converter and still not get it to run mid 11s if you don't know what you are doing.

Last Dutt neck I had installed only cost me 20.00 at a radiator shop.

You will also need a posi rear-end G80 code.

Tough choice. It could cost you more to buy a stocker and build it to a solid 11.50 car. Buying a car with say, a 63-66 mm turbo, FMIC, ported heads, built trans. etc can have its ups and downs.

Better questions are, how much do you know about tuning?
How much do you know about turbo cars?
What will you use it for, daily driver, street strip toy?
How much are you looking to spent?
How soon do you want it?

Tough choice. It could cost you more to buy a stocker and build it to a solid 11.50 car. Buying a car with say, a 63-66 mm turbo, FMIC, ported heads, built trans. etc can have its ups and downs.

Better questions are, how much do you know about tuning?
How much do you know about turbo cars?
What will you use it for, daily driver, street strip toy?
How much are you looking to spent?
How soon do you want it?

Jasjamz,
To answer your questions
1. I don't know anything about tuning these cars.
2. I want a daily driver. It won't be used as a daily driver, but if I spend real money on a car that is 20 plus years old, I want to drive whenever I get the urge. I'm not looking to build a track car. (been there done that., I don't care what kind of car you have ALL TRACK CARS ARE MONEY PITS) LOL LOL In my experience.
3. Not sure what I want to spend.
4. I'm in no rush. Trying to educate myself as much as possible.

Thanks for your help.

Go to the vender section on here, and look at the RJC website, it has combo's on the that are pretty close. With the truck you will most likely go faster dew to less weight, and it will be a daily driver, good luck!