Look What I Got

Crank fits with no issues.
DSC01279.jpg

Are you going back to tsm with this motor? It will be interesting to see if a good block will be worth enough to justify the weight. I ordered a set of TA SE heads and champion intake last week for my on-center motor.

Yes, I plan on running TSM next year at HEAVY weight. I also plan on racing 8.5 locally so I am talking as much weight out as possible and at this point I have to add 250lbs to the car to make weight.I have inquired about a set of TA heads from Kip, but I think the M&A heads will get it done for what I want to run. The Champion intake is the only way to go.

Looks like the rods clear as well, time to start deburing all the casting and machine edges.

Looks like the rods clear as well, time to start deburing all the casting and machine edges.

It would be best to do a mock up with the rotating assembly before you do final assembly as usually the bottom of the cylinders may need to some grinding for rod clearance.

If you call me I can give you a few more tips on block prep. :)

All you need to do during the down time of waiting for the pistons is to get that block polished. Actually I did smooth out the lifter and crank area on my block (if you decide to do this you should get the block washed in a heated block wash chamber). Also be careful of the head studs that you use. You want them to go deep into the block. The standard stage 2 studs usually don't go deep enough. TA or ARP can give you the correct part numbers. Good luck with your build.
Jeff

All you need to do during the down time of waiting for the pistons is to get that block polished. Actually I did smooth out the lifter and crank area on my block (if you decide to do this you should get the block washed in a heated block wash chamber). Also be careful of the head studs that you use. You want them to go deep into the block. The standard stage 2 studs usually don't go deep enough. TA or ARP can give you the correct part numbers. Good luck with your build.
Jeff
I thought about it for a minute and even had an offer to have it done by a buddy, just not something I am interested in doing.

Nice how much weight do you save with one of them? Very nice would love to do that to my T some day ;)

I drove past your street around 9 and saw the garage lights on. Unfortunately the wife wanted to be home and would let me stop lol