Look What I Got

tom robison

ALL UP IN THEM GUTZ
After thrashing the month before Bowling Green to get my stage motor together to race TSO, and after 9 easy passes which lead to a bent rod, melted piston and torched block. I decided to go in a direction I thought I would never go and here is where I am starting. A brand new TA performance On Center Aluminum block which I picked up from Kip. Going to use my 3.625 BMS crank, 6.5 Crower rods, new custom pistons and my old school, small valve M&A heads.Hope to have it finished by the end of Jan.
DSC01269.jpg
DSC01268.jpg

DSC01267.jpg

Kip, got anymore of those lying around??? :) LOL

Nice buy! I have one on my "wish list" :)

Thanks for letting me rub up on your new piece Tommy...I'm spent all night dreaming about it!

lookin good !!:cool: Did ya figure out what happened to the old motor ?? We did a new motor to go to Reynolds a few years ago.. Second or third pass the car just didn't feel right.. Got it home an we had ripped a chunk of the alum head rocker stand off. Good luck with your new bullet !!

Thanks for letting me rub up on your new piece Tommy...I'm spent all night dreaming about it!

Can just anybody come and rub on it??????????...Please:biggrin:

Congrats and good luck.....
There is one of those in my future also.

Why not put better heads on ?

Who says these heads are not the missing link? lol I have had good luck with these heads and I already own them. I did talk with Kip about a set of TA heads yesterday, gotta see if I can afford them after the shortblock is done.

Who says these heads are not the missing link? lol I have had good luck with these heads and I already own them. I did talk with Kip about a set of TA heads yesterday, gotta see if I can afford them after the shortblock is done.

I heard you were wanting to be one of two cars in the 8's with small valve heads but at 3650lbs and a 71