Look what I found . . .

$1987 GN$

Neighbors are SLEEPING ?
1970 Lawn Boy.
Was at my Dad's place still have to get a lot of stuff out of there some day.
Anyway cleaned it up a little.

2323.JPG

Later AJ

Thats a slick little unit it is just the wrong shade of green for my taste hahahaha:biggrin:

I used to mow lawns with one of those too. I would have been 10 years old back in the summer of 70. Dad would keep a 55 gal drum of pre mix just so us kids wouldn't seize up the motor. J/K on that. A 2 gallon can was always at the ready. My dad was a Chrysler man and Lawn Boy was a subsidiary of Mopar and Mercury Marine if I remember. Yep just like a 125 dirt bike will kick the snot out of a 400 4 stroke these had some bite to them. That would look right at home with the tractors displayed at the county fair if you ask me.

I found the bill of sale for it Dad paid 79 dollars for it.
I tried to scan it to put it up here but no go even tried taking a pic of it too faded to show up.

OMC made them back then. I did replace the coil on it. Called a place they told me 65 bux for the coil; I get there to pick it up and the guy at the counter tells me 91 ! I tell him the guy that I talked to told me 65. Well I said thanks but no thanks and left. I called a couple other places found one with the coil in stock, 38 bux; off I go, he said hang on and comes to the counter and he says have a good day. I was like how much; he said have fun. (used but looked new) Anyhow I wonder how long the new ones will last. One pump of the primer, starts on the first pull. I do need to replace the pull cord it is stiff for the first 8 inches.

Later AJ

Too bad Lawn Boy does nto make the 2 stoke any more, darn emissions standards.

My parents still use their original lawn boy mower to trim with. They got it in 1975 as a wedding gift and it is still kicking. NEVER been rebuilt! :eek:

Ours used to be a biotch for me to start. It would wear me down. Didn't know much about engines back then other than sparkplug, airfilter and gas.

Learned how to mow with one just like that but it was self propelled. My dads to was a pain in the a$$ to start sometimes too. He blew the head gasket and my buddy and I fixed it. What a pain. They have a one piece cylinder so you can't just take the head off. Not to mention the bolts were metric and we only had a couple wrenches from our snowmobile tool kit that were metric.