Look what I found

ponch

Actually my friend found it.

It may not be a turbo buick its still a nice find.

Follow the link to my photos and click on the impala folder.

My friend found this car while walking on some land near his house last week. Could'nt open the hood to take a look to see what it had in it.

click here

Wow. That's a nice car, I'd buy it if he'll sell it. If nothing else, you could part that out for a lot of money. It looks fairly rust free, what state is it in? Must not have seen too many salted roads in it's lifetime.

Hope and pray that it has the original motor in it. That tach would fetch some good coin on ebay.

A 409, wow, that's cool.

I'd be interested if it was available...

After going back later that day with his brother in law a old hillbilly guy showed up and said the cars not for sale, they asked if ever decided to sell please give them a call, he responded "Your way down on the please call me before you sell it list"

A 64 with a 409 and a 4-speed and factory tach! WOW. That would be a cool car! :eek:

That car, if it is an original SS 409 with the items I saw in the pics, is worth a lot. Would be a fantastic builder and a big nostalgia favorite at the shows.

hillbilly bob is just gonna let it sit there and rust away instead of sellling it to someone that will give it a good home?

you wouldnt beleive how many people do that. a guy acroos the street from my girlfriends house has a 1971 383 cude green with white billboards that say 383 on them, and it hasnt moved in six years(at least since i first saw it) car is buried in about 6 inches of grass and mud, b ut still looks good with perfect black interior and original motor. ive asked the guy a million times to sell it to me and all he says is "im gonna fix it up one of these days" yea right.......he also has a 66 white charger in his driveway that has all kinds of **** piled on top of it......

Originally posted by evil_gn
hillbilly bob is just gonna let it sit there and rust away instead of sellling it to someone that will give it a good home?

"ya got an awful pretty mouth boy..." <cue banjo music>

:eek: :eek: :D

Since its located near Bardstown KY, about 30 minutes from the I 65 exit, we should rescue it while driving down to Bowling green.

yeah that dumb hick is gonna let it sit there because it was his great grand pappy's that died from the clap in the great war :D. just being sarcastic. we see a lot of that around the fields up here too and it ticks me off seeing really cool cars dying a slow painful death because of some freaking mouthbreather :mad:

if that still had the original numbers matching motor and the frame was still in good condition it would be worth a lot of money.

i'll bring the night vision goggles if someone brings the roofies to slip in the hillbilly's moonshine for the midnight requisition :D

depends on what kind of 409 it has (had?)

if it was the plain Jane 340 HP truck engine (which most were), not worth much...on the other hand, if it is a 400 or 425 HP version, worth a bunch

you can tell by looking at the tach.......redline above 6000 is the good one.....the 340 had a 5200 or so redline

hhhhmmmmmm.....After reading this I am really upset....A few years ago I was fixing a TV with a friend at some guys house and I looked in his garage and I saw a 64 impala with a 4 speed and the 409/ 425hp car. He assured me it was the real thing because his father owned it before him and it was in his family from when it was new.it had like 40k miles, he said he would of taken 15-20k for it. It was in showroom condition, I should have bought it. I might go looking for him.....

It does not appear to be an SS car. The side stainless is not the same as an SS car would have. Also the dash doesnt have the SS look either. They should have the prism look in the stainless trim. This could have been changed out but then again maybe it is just a 2dr hardtop with the 409 option. I thought all 409s in 64 were at least 400 horses. Maybe I am wrong.

three 409 motors for '64, just like '63

340, 400 (single 4bbl), 425 (2X4bbl)

Originally posted by azgn
I could retire if I had my '63 SS 409/425 back !

Yeah my dad says the same thing when he thinks about the '69 L88 427 Vette that he sold back in the mid 70's...... Hindsight sure is a bitch!

Originally posted by 86brick
Yeah my dad says the same thing when he thinks about the '69 L88 427 Vette that he sold back in the mid 70's...... Hindsight sure is a bitch!

Brick,

as long as he does not say "son if your mom didnt get knocked up i would still have it, i sold it cause you where born."

thats what you have to watch out for!

old stuff

:( I live in a suburban plat of $140-$200k homes. My neighbor has her son's 67 camaro in her driveway. It has been ther for at least 15 years. Her son told me he's "...gonna restore it someday when he getz a house with a gayrage. Cant do it behind the mobile home. Park rules..." Meanwhile I have seen Momma tell a haf dozen or more people stopping by to buy it "Naaa my son would kill me..." Now the thing is surface rusted beyond hope. The driveway is covered with rust stain. What a waste. :confused: