Look what I found

Originally posted by Reaper
Brick,

as long as he does not say "son if your mom didnt get knocked up i would still have it, i sold it cause you where born."

thats what you have to watch out for!

Well I was the second born so technically he would have to tell that to my brother:D

Re: old stuff

Originally posted by dan lephart
:( I live in a suburban plat of $140-$200k homes. My neighbor has her son's 67 camaro in her driveway. It has been ther for at least 15 years. Her son told me he's "...gonna restore it someday when he getz a house with a gayrage. Cant do it behind the mobile home. Park rules..." Meanwhile I have seen Momma tell a haf dozen or more people stopping by to buy it "Naaa my son would kill me..." Now the thing is surface rusted beyond hope. The driveway is covered with rust stain. What a waste. :confused:

That is a damn shame! I have always liked the 1st gen Camaros... One guy down here at my local track (Moroso) has a sweet blue '68 Camaro with a 500+ci NA BBC that runs low 10's consistently on pump gas and the best part is he drives it to and from the track (not a trailer queen).... A couple months ago he said he was selling the car turn key for 15K....... Now where is 15K when you need it?!:rolleyes: :(

I bought a 62 SS 409 425 hp conv 4spd 2 4bbl car with 60k original miles out of a lady's barn in Graham NC. I wrote her a check for 1483.41( all the money that was in my account) She told me I was crazy, because the car had not run for 20 years. The top was ripped, and they had about 20 palets stacked on the trunk and the hood. It took me half a day to get it out of there, and a $300 tow bill (the wrecker got stuck) I got it running but was too poor to restore it, and traded it to my uncle for a then almost new 90 Z71. I thought he was crazy. He did a full frame off restoration, and the car is unbelievable now. Now that I have the money to restore it, I am almost sick every time I see the car. :mad:

Take what you think is a fair price, in ca$h, to the hillbilly and flash the big bills to him. And don't insult his limited intelligence with an obscenely low price or you might get a look at the wrong end of a double-barrell!:eek: :eek:

Be prepared to have someone to come get the car right them. Don't give him a chance to change his mind if he agrees to your price. One thing is certain: Money talks and BS walks!;)

There is a little run down house in my home town with a big block Cobra Jet 69 MACH 1 Mustang 4-speed becoming one with the earth. The lady that still lives there is the aunt of a high school class mate of mine. The Mustang was bought by her husband in 69 who unfortunately was killed in late 1970 in Vietnam. The car was parked on or very close to the time of his death and has never moved again. I first saw the car around 1985 -1986 and it was up to the wheel hubs in mud already. The killer though the odometer only read like 9K and change. From time to time I will drive by just to see if its still there and as of last summer it was, now up to the rockers in dirty. My friends and I still talk about that car and word has spread that its there. Supposedly the lady just yells through the front door “it’s not for sale”.

well IF I see something like this I go with cash so IF you do get them at a weak moment you can take it !!! Hit an run :D

A true SS will have bucket seats also, and it doesnt look like that car has buckets but there is no good picture of the seats.

ive got you beat

3 69 GTO's sitting in a yard of a rundown house(awsome bamboo garden though) and it isnt in the sticks.Its in Hoover,a nice community about 5 minutes out of Birmingham,AL.

1 69 GTO vert with 4 spd(no damage,lil rust,02 plates),1 69 GTO Judge auto(easy hit on front,pushed under trees for 20+ years,still very solid on top,interior looks clean even though its got a huge hole in the windsheild,and another 69 that has been wrecked/stripped(dead as a doornail)

Really sad...:(

Old guy wont sell a one of em:mad:

A few months ago I got chased off a farmers land for looking at his collection. There were like 3 67-69 camaros, an impala, and an 86 T-type, all buried in 8" inches of mud. Guy said he wouldnt sell any of them and told me to never come back along with some other choice words. Really ticked me off to think that this stuborn old man would rather them rot then sell them.