Lol crappy Ford!!

There is a reason why GM is the Motor Trend truck of the year!! :cool:

I'm sorry after seeing these test.... Something is wrong with you if you still want to go out and buy a Ford!!! They cheap junk! I've owned 4 Ford trucks over the years. A few new and a few used. The best thing about them was when I traded them in! I haven't looked back ever since and I haven't had any of the problems I had with the Fords! Proud GM owner here for LIFE! I'll never own another Ford product even if they gave me one!

Ford had the best 4X4 chassis until they started that silly front axle design that was split in the middle in the late 70's.
then Chevy had the best 4X4 setup until they decided to go with IFS with the '88 redesign.
i think Dodge still has good old solid axles under the front of their 3/4 ton and larger trucks- probably even indestructible Dana 60's.

regarding the frames- the frame on my 81 Ford F250 had a bunch of holes stamped in the frame rails from behind the cab all the way to the back bumper mounts and the frame rails were only 1/8" thick. i don't know what the logic was for that in a 3/4 ton truck that had all the other HD 3/4 ton parts, but that had to make the truck a lot weaker.. as a contrast, the '80 3/4 ton frame under my '87 GMC body is solid all the way back to the bumper and probably 3/16" thick at the thinnest point. it's pretty damn beefy sompared to my old Ford. according to the scales at the yard where i haul scrap iron from time to time, my trusty GMC is about 350 pounds heavier empty than the Ford was.

Odd that Ford doesn't use the fully boxed frame on the Super Duties. The Ford F150 does, and has always creamed to competition in similar tests.

I dunno....I've owned Superduty's and now a 3500 HD Duramax/Ally, hopefully the new Silverado's have better interiors and less wind noise (too many rattles) and I've noticed cheap front-end parts. One thing I will say about my past superduty's is strong front end components, well built interiors and quiet interiors....that said though...the Silverado rides the best and the Duramax/Ally has performed flawlessly.

I honestly don't know how anyone can own a Ford truck. I rode in a newer Ford truck up to Connecticut one weekend. My back and my ass was killing me by the time I got there! The Ford has the most uncomfortable seats I've ever sat in. The first hour or so was ok but by the time I was getting past NY there was no position I could sit in to make me comfortable. The ride home was unbearable and the driver agreed with me 100% that the seats were $hit so I know it wasn't just me! I have tried many times over the years to give Ford a fair shake and they just fail over and over.

Now my GMC on the other hand, feels like I'm getting a massage while I float down the highway. :cool: but they are very comfortable seats and no compare to the Ford.

I'm with you guys that the Motor Trend truck of the year is all about what you spend for sure but nothing beats the results you saw in the video in this thread! That is REAL world results. While most guys would never get into a position like those trucks were in, it's good to know if and when you do you won't need to buy a new tailgate!

Just watch the rest of the REAL video's at this link and you tell me what truck you want to buy next time!

Chevy Silverado Heavy Duty Beats Competition in Manufacturer Testing - PickupTrucks.com News

Ford FAIL all around!

honestly don't know how anyone can own a Ford truck. I rode in a newer Ford truck up to Connecticut one weekend. My back and my ass was killing me by the time I got there! The Ford has the most uncomfortable seats I've ever sat in. The first hour or so was ok but by the time I was getting past NY there was no position I could sit in to make me comfortable. The ride home was unbearable and the driver agreed with me 100% that the seats were $hit so I know it wasn't just me! I have tried many times over the years to give Ford a fair shake and they just fail over and over.

Your correct....the Chevy's are more comfy and ride much nicer...My experience is using it for work meaning towing 10K dump trailers and always having alot of weight in the truck, this is where I've noticed premature suspension compenents wear out & rattles develop and mine is the 3500 to boot...this is an area I have never dealt with problems on the Ferd, sounds like they may have addressed some of these things on the new Silverado....I love my truck, just sharing my thoughts :) as I've owned alot of trucks and have (6) for my business we run hard.