Log file

Sorry.. Forgot to mention via FAST XFI. The reason im wanting to post it is because on this test hit i blew out the passenger side head gasket. Im wanting to know what went wrong so i wont make the same mistake once all back together.

Looks like you logged the start up and then it stalled, no boost in that log? What did you do?

This hit was before I removed the recommended 15% up top. I then smoothed the areas around it as well. Made another hit at the same boost level, then it popped.

Attachments

• xfi log 25 psi.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 51
Sorry... I had to dig up a copy I sent Cal. I must have replaced it by mistake with the wrong file in the log. One last try Norbs. This should be the one.

Attachments

• xfi log 25psi pop.log old.zip
    5.1 KB · Views: 40
First question, does this motor alway run at 203 f? I can only see it being too rich on the log, and at those timing levels I cant see it having knock. Looks like tire spin or a gear change i see false knock. The hg damage might have been started,before this log...

Was a hot day that day. By the time we got onto the open road to test, it got to that temp. We (father and I) have put this new combo together. Prior the new 67/66 billet turbo,85# 's, alky kit and XFI car only came out to cruise. This was the 5th test hit in the new combo trynig to sort it out. It started really rich netting 8.8 af with the target of 10.9af at 24-25 psi. Took Cals advice and deducted 15% up top and smoothing the rest...but then it popped. But looking at the log when it popped it never went lean. We were actually closer to the 10.9-10.8 af target after the adjustment inthe VE table. I was thinking maybe the knock showing down low was the culprit of the gasket going, but i wanted to verify it here. This car was bought assuming the engine was fresh and ready to go 10's. Now im wondering if we might have bought something that wasnt real to the specs we were told it had. Maybe not... Maybe being soo rich the 1st 4 runs at 8.8-8.9 af ate away at the head gasket and took it out this last log when it popped.? Im just wanting to verify it wasnt the tune...

I can only suggest you put on a new set of cometic gaskets, and try the car again. You need to get those coolant temps down and also verify that your timing matches the real timing in the xfi.

Will do.. It was a hot week that week around here and the new front mount i/c wasnt helping. Will verify timing as well compared to the XFI and address the cooling system with the new motor in the works which cometics is already on the list . Thanks for the time Norbs. We deeply appreciate it!..:)

Not a problem, have you considered E85 instead, can you get it locally?

At the pump no. But my neighbor uses the VP racing e85 stuff and can get us some if needed. Will need to go thru the conversion of the fuel system though. We have a new double pumper from racetronix with new harness on deck. I'll give it a good search on what else we're gonna need to run e85.. We did consider it before. So i guess it wont hurt with the new setup.