Locate #077

jdredd

K, probably sick of these threads.. but thats fine with me :)

My old neighbor use to own #077. His son has been looking for it for quite a few years now. His father who was only in his 40's died shortly after he sold it.

Last time I saw it was in 99/00 a few weeks after it was sold. Was at the local race track Edgewater here in Cincinnati. Car was a daily driver but was kept in perfect condition some how.

The guy I know still has paper work and what not, and is getting me the VIN to help search for it more. Doubt he will ever get it back at the price his dad sold it for, which was rock bottom, I only assume to pay for medical bills, never asked why, and doubt he knows.

I asked him to get some pics if he can find them for me to scan. Since just mentioning GNX people like to spout "it was a fake". His dad kept the paper work so thats good enough proof I guess?

!!

The paint on it was great. From what i remember before it was sold, it was still original paint.. he washed/waxed that car every single day it seemed... being a daily driver, i have no idea how he kept it looking so nice.

Anyway for me to get in contact with him? email jdredd@one.net :)

I don't own a GNX but I do have the 1:18 scale replica that belongs with #077.

I forget how long ago it was, but Ted Hirsch at Epitome Exclusives queried GNX owners to respond about a diecast GNX to match their real car. This is the one that came with the Mike Doble artwork, a real nice piece by the way.

I put my name on a list to get an unclaimed number. After all attempts to reach the owners of the GNX's had been exhausted, a few cars were made available to Buick diecast collectors. Car #077 did not get a response and that number was made available to me. I also received the subsequent releases with that same number which I have in my collection, including the 1:64 scale GNX Transporter.

I do have Howie's contact info if I intend to part with it.