Local GM Dealership won't work on my car!!

RUQWKNF27

Went to day an picked up the TCC Solenoid an for the heck of it ck'd on having it installed . Tell service guy my info an he responds with "turbo regal what". Man I should have walked out right then.. He finds int he labor book the labor rate of .9 whatever that means an says it will cost $54.00.. I say thats not too bad do I need to make a appointment or just bring it in. His reply was : "so this car is a 87 :huh duh didn"t we just go over this im thinking: we can"t work on something that old its a liability for us". I wa slike well you know when I ordered this part the other day you had a 69 vette in here with the hood up what were you doing with it looking @ it?? Now that may have been a smart remark but after 14 hrs of work before I came in an this guy not knowing no more then he did I was the least bit ticked off.. I realized shortly that he didn't want to work on it cause he could not make no mor ethen 54 bucks on it an it wasn't worth his time.. But to me I gave them the money for the part hence my business an they tell me they can't put it own cause the cars too old. I guess when I get the time i'll do it doensn't look like it will be the complicated!!

RUQWKNF27 said:
Went to day an picked up the TCC Solenoid an for the heck of it ck'd on having it installed . Tell service guy my info an he responds with "turbo regal what". Man I should have walked out right then.. He finds int he labor book the labor rate of .9 whatever that means an says it will cost $54.00.. I say thats not too bad do I need to make a appointment or just bring it in. His reply was : "so this car is a 87 :huh duh didn"t we just go over this im thinking: we can"t work on something that old its a liability for us". I wa slike well you know when I ordered this part the other day you had a 69 vette in here with the hood up what were you doing with it looking @ it?? Now that may have been a smart remark but after 14 hrs of work before I came in an this guy not knowing no more then he did I was the least bit ticked off.. I realized shortly that he didn't want to work on it cause he could not make no mor ethen 54 bucks on it an it wasn't worth his time.. But to me I gave them the money for the part hence my business an they tell me they can't put it own cause the cars too old. I guess when I get the time i'll do it doensn't look like it will be the complicated!!

He didn't want to write the service order cause there wasn't enough "meat" there for him to chew on. Friggin shark! :rolleyes:

I love it when the dealers are retarded and wont risk working on a car due to liability.
What he was thinking is that if they worked on the tranny, you paid for the work, if something went wrong with your "turbo" transmission they might be liable, even with a simple TCC install.
BW

You might have gotten bitten already on that TCC anyway. I remember paying $30 for mine a few years back.

You didn't want them to work on it anyway.... I'm sure in a shop like that your car would have developed other problems that needed attention.. :rolleyes:

Yeah, you didn't want them working on your car anyways...I learned to not even let the dealer work on it for warranty work..I do it myself if at all possible.
As for parts, if I can find the part number I need, I buy it from some other source for usually half the cost, like gmpartsdirect.com but sometimes they rape you on shipping depending on the part.

TCC Solenoid part#8639900 MSRP $59.43! At $55 it looks like they sold it to you at a %10 discount FWIW.

They don't need to be working on your car for sure but GM needs to know about this. A dealer declining to work on a GM vehicle? uuummm, hello?

Drew L said:
They don't need to be working on your car for sure but GM needs to know about this. A dealer declining to work on a GM vehicle? uuummm, hello?

GM doesn't care. Happens all the time. My sister is blackballed at every local Pontiac dealership with her 2004 Montana. She finally found a Chevy dealer to work on it, who had to get special permisson from GM to do Pontiac warranty work. One dealer threatened to have her arrested if she set foot on his property after she sent a complaint to GM about them refusing to work on the car. GM could care less about the threat either.

If it's too old or you didn't buy it at their stealership they're not interested in working on it. I've run into the same thing with my cars.

Jim