Loans: QUESTION

jake616

I have a few banking questions that I was hoping you guys could help me out with.

*How do i get a bank to loan on a '87 Grand National?
*Why is full coverage insurance needed on a loan purchased car?
*If the bank won't loan on an older car..who will?

PLEASE HELP! I don't really wanna spend $7k on a car I don't want as much as a Turbo Buick. :(

thanks!
-jake

Do a search on the board for threads on peoplefirst.com. Lots of good information about how to get a loan for a TR.

Mike

Originally posted by bigz
Do a search on the board for threads on peoplefirst.com. Lots of good information about how to get a loan for a TR.
I will check this out, thank you.

TTT

theres an 86 GN on hiway 41 in gurnee for sale for 7500 but it was originally put up at 9000 so i guess he would take 7k for it. i know this doesnt help with the loan but this car is nice:D

Originally posted by jake616
I have a few banking questions that I was hoping you guys could help me out with.
*How do i get a bank to loan on a '87 Grand National?
*Why is full coverage insurance needed on a loan purchased car?
*If the bank won't loan on an older car..who will?

1) Ask - You'd be surprised. If one bank won't do it try another (People first is a good start)

2) Full coverage is needed so they are assured if the car gets totalled, you should get money from the insurance to pay off the loan.

3) see #1

Since I own a house I use a Home Equity loan to make my major purchases. This type of loan puts your home up as collateral instead of the car if you were to get a bank loan to buy the car.

Hi

You should be able to get a loan for an older car, it will probably at a higher intrest rate though, it might even be an unsecured load which you should definatley be able to get, they usualy run about 15%

As stated by zam70, you don't own the car, the bank does so they want thier interests insured.

Do you have a 401k?

Bill

Yes I will have 401k in like 85 days lol. I just got a new job that offers it so that is cool. For every dollar of mine that goes their, $1.50 of their goes.

I am only 18. I have a cellphone, insurance in my name. I have 2 loans ($2000, $900) in my dad's name that I am paying on..the $2000 gets switched over to my name now that I turned 18.

Ideas?:confused: ....please don't flame because of the age either :(

Sometimes, having too many loans out at once might cancel any chance for a loan. A good place for a loan is jj best and banc

https://www.jjbest.com/index.cfm?id=104

Got approved there really easy. They give you 80-90% of the loan, and they set up an inspection for the car to make sure it's not fraud (ie check inspection etc). Really really helpful people, and low intrest rates.

Oh, if you want to find the values, go to nadaguide.com. Most banks go through nada and not kbb. Besides, kbb sucks for GN values =\. On Nada I believe the values are 8/13/20 for the 87 gn juding at 110-115,000 miles

I will see what the bank has to say on a loan :) I won't get approved..I will just ask lots of questions :cool:

Credit Unions will give you the loan if you're a member before another type of bank. So if you're a member of one or have the option of becoming a member of one do that and see.

i dont think the bank will do it if you have good credit what i did was get a bank check fro m my credit card company at 2.9 percent untill its payed . its on my regular creditcard bill very simple mine was for 20,000 my payments are 350 amonth for a 2000 caddy deville dhs and what ever turbo buick parts i had charged before i bought the deville