Liquid intercooler users

so if you route the water were it goes to the HE before the ice water then it will get cooled twice, and therefore be colder

I think hes saying to route the heated water from the IC to the HX before sending it back to the tank. To try to cool it down before it mixes with the cold ice water in them.

I have no idea how hot the water being returned to the tanks is. Maybe I should feel the return hoses and see if they feel hot, warm, or cool after a run. I do run dual tanks and was wondering if I should make one a supply and the other a return. Have the hot/warm water go to the return tank. That way I wont waste ice cooling down heated up water. I would have to carry extra water instead of so much extra ice. Its probably not worth messing with though. On my current set up I welt all the ice after a few runs, but the water in the tanks is still very cold. At that point I'll drain off some water and add a little ice.

Jason

Postal,
My car did like timing with the liquid intercooler. I ran a Conley's MAG4 chip. It had a lot of timing, around 30* I believe. The main thing that I noticed with the liquid inercooler is that tuning the car was more consistent. Primarily the intake temps didn't vary a lot. I didn't have to spend a lot of time guessing/tuning at the track. My 60' times with the liquid intercooler were in the consistent 1.51-1.53 range so it definitely helped low end torque.

I also thought about doing this for the "air inhibiting" front end on the TTA; however , have found that the alky injection gives me about the same cooling results with the added benefit of extra octane in the mix......and no extra weight of a cooler filled with ice and water.

I still think these guys have the best idea : http://www.coolflow.com/prod1.htm

Being that I work in the refrigeration field this device makes all the sense in the world. They even have a ( basically an accumulator ) device that will render 20-30% more cooling from the AC. They use basically a modofied stock intercooler with an expansion coil enclosed in a box welded around the intercooler.

This company is located in Houston, Texas. They originally made automobile AC enhancement devices for the locals. Anyone that has been to Houston in the summer would understand.

Fo all you naysayers out there that would say it will heatsoak fast. Maybe so with a water type intercooler. This one uses a storage tank with a Dynalene mix, which can cooled to below - 0 degf. I have talked to people that have made 4 runs without turning the AC on. How does 50 degf inlet temps sound, summer or winter??

Problem as usual is the price. Around 2000.00 for the complete setup with pump and storage tank.

I had talked to a guy that had one on a stock GN. He said the car was an absolute beast. He could spend the tires at 50 mph, that is a stock GN!! He also beat quite a few modded GNs with it. Sounds like the way to go if don't mind the money... ;)

Gary

Originally posted by postal
I think hes saying to route the heated water from the IC to the HX before sending it back to the tank. To try to cool it down before it mixes with the cold ice water in them.

I have no idea how hot the water being returned to the tanks is. Maybe I should feel the return hoses and see if they feel hot, warm, or cool after a run. I do run dual tanks and was wondering if I should make one a supply and the other a return. Have the hot/warm water go to the return tank. That way I wont waste ice cooling down heated up water. I would have to carry extra water instead of so much extra ice. Its probably not worth messing with though. On my current set up I welt all the ice after a few runs, but the water in the tanks is still very cold. At that point I'll drain off some water and add a little ice.

Jason

Exactally what I was saying...Maybe it would be a good idea to install some sort of a water temp guage so that you know how much the waters being heated.

Originally posted by bsdlinux
I still think these guys have the best idea : http://www.coolflow.com/prod1.htm

Being that I work in the refrigeration field this device makes all the sense in the world. They even have a ( basically an accumulator ) device that will render 20-30% more cooling from the AC. They use basically a modofied stock intercooler with an expansion coil enclosed in a box welded around the intercooler.

This company is located in Houston, Texas. They originally made automobile AC enhancement devices for the locals. Anyone that has been to Houston in the summer would understand.

Fo all you naysayers out there that would say it will heatsoak fast. Maybe so with a water type intercooler. This one uses a storage tank with a Dynalene mix, which can cooled to below - 0 degf. I have talked to people that have made 4 runs without turning the AC on. How does 50 degf inlet temps sound, summer or winter??

Problem as usual is the price. Around 2000.00 for the complete setup with pump and storage tank.

I had talked to a guy that had one on a stock GN. He said the car was an absolute beast. He could spend the tires at 50 mph, that is a stock GN!! He also beat quite a few modded GNs with it. Sounds like the way to go if don't mind the money... ;)

Gary

That's cool...If it was in my price range I'd be all over that.