Lingensmelter 550hp Vette on the streets in the Fort...

Again for those who haven't read previous posts: there are 3 versions of the twin turbo vette and 1 version powered by a magnuson supercharger.

LPE Twin Turbo Vettes:

550hp -- Mid-low 11's
650hp -- Mid 10's
725hp (427cid) -- Mid 9's

LPE Supercharged Vettes:

500hp -- Mid-high 11's

No, I am not impressed with the kind of money it takes to run those numbers. A warranty is only good to those who live down the street from LPE. If you lived on the west coast and your car broke, you still have to pay shipping to get your car there and back so what's the point? Besides, give me $15,000 to spend on my fiero and it will be running low 10's on pump gas and street tires! For those who can do the work themselves, I think it is useless to buy someone else's hopped-up car. Some of us can go faster with any car for less money reliably. (I would rather buy a C4 vette and drop in a GN engine anyway)

Very good points, Sub...... but I would still take the Vette ;) There are always those who dump a ton of cash and can't run worth sh*t. Then there are those who pick and choose their plan and end up with a fast car for little money. Hell, last time at the track I ran 11.80's on street tires and alky with temps above 95*. That's with typical bolt-ons and the motor has never been opened. I just think that the Lingenfelter stuff is extrememly impressive, although I would certainly do it myself before I'd pay a shop to install it. Still gotta remember that the Vette has all the new gadgets/gizmos, much nicer interior, and can turn&stop like no other. To each his own......... different choices are what keep different people happy!! :D

I agree, but then again, I would rather dump in a hybrid 3800 series II with all of the goodies of a GN motor w/ turbo. Or, if that isn't possible, just dump in a GN motor and be done with it. I just like to be different.