Lingensmelter 550hp Vette on the streets in the Fort...

SubZero350

To boost or not to boost
Well, being less than 50 miles from lingenfelter, it was bound to happen sooner or later. Last weekend, a yellow C5 showed up on the scene with the $23,000 550rwhp kit installed. Local guy w/ C4 w/ N20 couldn't hang because of N20 problems. My GN Turbo friends need to get their cars together so that vette can go crying back to john. Any other turbo buicks who want to come to ft wayne can do so any given weekend night when the weather is nice. people around here are talking smack about the turbo buicks and I am sick of it!

Who is this guy??

This Vette your talking about. This is a guy who bought it from Lingenfelter? Or he had one of Lingenfelters engines dropped in it?

550 RWHP, wow, that sucker must run some evil e.t.'s.

I'm sure there are some GN's or TR's to handle him. Of course there is, how can I be so stupid. :p

Show J.L. the darkside, he must know something about them from the past, say 15 years ago, when his precious Vettes had to compete with the Black Buicks. HAHAHAHA, blast from the past!!.:cool:

This guy went and bought a C5 for about $36k, then plopped down another $23k for the 550rwhp kit. I saw that the 650rwhp Twin Turbo kit on the C5 ran a 10.95@133.54 mph w/ a 1.82 60' time. The posted 550 Twin Turbo C5 ran a 11.46 @ 128 mph with a 1.94 60' time.

C5 550hp kit:
M/T package $ 19,995.00*
A/T-package $ 21,890.00*

C5 650hp kit:
Manual transmission $ 39,995.00*
Automatic transmission $1,895.00+

C5 725hp 427 kit:
1997-2002 LS1 & LS6 Corvette package $49,995.00
Automatic transmission upgrade $1,850.00

Tell you what, just give me $19,995 to buy a GN and mod it myself and it will do better than a 10.95 in the 1/4.

Exactly!

What a waste of money.

Now if I had 50,000 to throw around........well no, i'd still just go find a GN to mod out.

And prolly buy a nice early 4th gen Camaro to be a parts chaser. ;)

Hey SubZero350, the "scene" you are talking about, is by any chance the local SuperShops?

Gimme the Vette anyday!!! :D Gorgeous looks, stops on a dime, not scared of curves, and still hauls ass in a straight line. Of course, I can't afford to pay attention............. guess I can't afford a Vette! ;)

Originally posted by 1WE4
Hey SubZero350, the "scene" you are talking about, is by any chance the local SuperShops?

As a matter of fact, it is, or was. The guy that owns the Subway sandwich store in the corner of the same building also owns the supershops building. He does not like anyone hanging out in "his" parking lot and calls the cops every night we try to. They come up and just tell us to leave without incedent. (If you ask me, that idiot is losing a ton of money he could be making off of the 50+ people who show up; but anyways) We usually hang out next to that building at payless shoes, or kittle's on the other side, or down coliseum blvd at the old big sir waterbeds place next to discount tire. People usually show up around 10-11pm, and stay till around 3am but only if the weather is clear (weekend nights: fri, sat, etc). Beware of the karate cars that also hang out in kittle's parking lot but mostly at the jiffy lube on the corner of coldwater and coliseum. They like to race 3-abreast right in front of there and attract unwanted attention. We don't race in town.

Beware of the karate cars that also hang out in kittle's parking lot but mostly at the jiffy lube on the corner of coldwater and coliseum. They like to race 3-abreast right in front of there and attract unwanted attention. We don't race in town.

Are you guys still going out on 30 to run em? That sucks about the Subway clown. That was a pretty cool hangout. I'll look for you next time I get up there. I have seen some real nice cars up there.
Brent

You need to check out the new 427 TT Lingenfelter Vette in the new issue of Motortrend. A mid-high 9 second street legal Vette. 0-60 in 1.9 seconds! This puts the Lingenfelter Stage II TT Vette to shame. Sure it costs a lot, but almost looks like a stock Vette.

This info is coming straight outta the pages of GMHTP.

The 550hp Vettes are the new Magna Charger'd LS1s. It is a $8,399 package installed at LPE. You can do it yourself for under $5000.

It puts 490hp and 480ft/lbs to the wheels @ 6200 & 5200 rpm respectively.

The tested car ran 11.56 @ 127mph. <- Can't hook.

I am NOT impressed. ;)

Originally posted by Mr. T

The 550hp Vettes are the new Magna Charger'd LS1s. It is a $8,399 package installed at LPE. You can do it yourself for under $5000.

I am NOT impressed. ;)

The magna charged LS1 vette is not the same as the advertised 550hp vette which is the twin turbo model. all things being equal, spending $8,399 to go 11.56 with a SC is much better than spending an addition $11,000 to go .1 sec faster with turbos. However, I believe that the turbo kit includes many more core engine modifications than is offered with the SC kit.

The most suprising thing to me is that Lingenfelter Engineering offers a 24 month warranty on the engine packages they sell.
I know that it's @ss expensive, but to some people, 20 grand is no big deal. And for that, consider what you get:

2 water cooled ball bearing turbos
two intercoolers
CNC ported cylinder heads
a bigger cam
bigger fuel system (injectors, pump, etc)
SS exhaust
Dyno Tune by Lingenfelter's crew

That, boys and girls, is a lot of high zoot stuff. Yeah, the numbers don't seem to be too impressive for the price when you throw in the cost of the car, but compare that to a M3, M5, AMG, or 12 cylinder Italian ride, and the 'Vette is a hands down bargain.

And, when 550rwhp seems to be losing its charm, you can always do what those turbo Buick people do: turn up the boost!

I still don't know... Personally, I would need to take a look at what limitations are involved with the warranty (i'm sure there are some strings attached). Granted, if I knew little about cars, Lingenfelter would be the place to go if I had the money. But seeing as how I know a little more than average (and have very little money), I think I will continue to push the envelope of horsepower per dollar. Besides, I really don't like how I was treated the last time I was down there. It seems as though if you don't $10,000 in your pocket to spend there, they don't really have the time for you. (at least that is the impression I got)

Hey Subzero the C4 with the N20 was it Burgandy? IF so I know that guy his name is Bodrab (spelling?). Tha car runs high 10's like it sits. He is a big guy about 400#'s or so you cant miss him. He runs around with another guy named Ben Settle. I used to bring my pro street bike down there and hang out in front of super shops...mans its been awhile. When I get the car done I will bring down. Couple of more weeks at the most. Should be running mid/high 10's on the street.

interesting...there's a few modded vettes running around here too...no ligenfelter ones or anything but everyone in this town goes ooooooo and ahhhhhh when they see them....i'm like phffffft once i get my new turbo and injectors that vette is history!:D

us30 here is a pretty good dragstrip btw...lots of races go on here

Originally posted by Quickturbosix
Hey Subzero the C4 with the N20 was it Burgandy? IF so I know that guy his name is Bodrab (spelling?). Tha car runs high 10's like it sits. He is a big guy about 400#'s or so you cant miss him. He runs around with another guy named Ben Settle. I used to bring my pro street bike down there and hang out in front of super shops...mans its been awhile. When I get the car done I will bring down. Couple of more weeks at the most. Should be running mid/high 10's on the street.

yes, i know bojrab all too well. he has the burgandy c4 with n2o and the last time I heard the fastest it ever ran was a 10.90 with slicks. I guess it is a consistant mid to low 11's car. he also has trouble with his n2o solenoids like every other month it seems.:rolleyes:

I am NOT impressed.

So a car that runs 127mph with a 2-3yr warranty doesn't impress you? :eek: I pay that in a heartbeat, if I had it. Sure, it's cheaper to do it in a GN. So What??!! With the GN you have a 15+yr old car, can't take curves, no warranty, and you have to use race gas. I sure haven't seen any TR's running 127mph on alky and pump gas. I'm all for the "bang for the buck" idea, but I'll never understand why the majority on this board can't stand for other cars to be fast.....

11 sec TT C5??

I dunno which Lingenfelter Twin Turbo you guys are talking about, but the one I saw (also on the Yank Converter Website) runs in the 9's.